Full-Time Program Assistant Job With International Rescue Committee in Eastleigh, Nairobi
The Program Assistant is expected to support IRC refugee protection processes as well as assistance to vulnerable Kenyan community members in the program area through engagement with day-to-day management and administration of refugee protection and referral systems, program implementation and coordination mechanisms, information management and reporting requirements, as well as support to operational and logistical arrangements.
- Mobilize and organize meetings with Kenyan and refugee community leaders
- Establishing network with service providers (eg. health care, schools, city council etc)
- Support in day to day management and administration of the protection and referral centre, Eastleigh
- Supporting in information management- collection, analysis and dissemination of quality information to beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders
- Preparing monthly reports on the operation of the PRC and other community based activities undertaken by the project
- Participation in relevant meetings at different refugee hosting locations around Nairobi
- Undertaking awareness events at the community level on the issues of refugee rights ensuring positive messaging about refugee lives and livelihoods
- Identifying and implementing innovative ideas to strengthen community cohesion between the refugee groups and between refugees and local Kenyan communities
- Providing operation support (organizing trainings, mobilizing training participants etc) in implementation of the project activities
- Liaise with the Nairobi office to procure necessary goods (furniture, internet) and ensure project needs are met, specifically in regards to logistics/IT and administration.
- Urban Office Petty cash management/support
- Other tasks as relevant for implementation of the project activities
- University degree in social works, social sciences, development studies, international relations, political science or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in program management and experience in community participation, capacity building, human rights, and peace building issues.
- Experience working in urban refugee or urban vulnerability interventions with another Kenyan or international organization
- Experience working with civil society and community based networks
- Experience in undertaking training for community leaders and local community networks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks, while driving results
- 2 years work experience with NGO
- Computer Literacy.
- Program monitoring and evaluation skills
- Report writing skills
- Community training skills
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
289 total views, 1 today