29 Jan 2013
Full-Time Procurement Officer Job At Mobius Motors, Kenya
We are seeking an exceptional early career professional to assist our sourcing team to coordinatethe development and operations of Mobius Motor’s robust international, largely outsourced supply chain.
The role will require close working relationships with East African automotive suppliers, the venture’s Supply Chain Senior Associate, Procurement & Regulatory Manager, Cost Engineer and Quality Engineer to coordinate purchases, delivery and quality assurance of inputs into Mobius vehicles.
- Work with Procurement & Regulatory Manager to develop and manage local supplier relationships to ensure on time and high quality delivery of parts.
- Work closely with the Procurement & Regulatory Manager and Engineers to ensure procured product meets drawings, specifications, processes and requirements.
- Research local and global suppliers who may work within Mobius Motor’s supply chain in future years.
- Work with Supply Chain Senior Associate to track performance of Kenyan suppliers; monitor quality, performance, and deliver of local suppliers.
- Assist Marketing, Finance, Engineering, and Human Resource teams to procure any office related expenses required for their functions.
- Procure one-off components from local market required for prototyping.
- Assist Supply Chain Senior Associate and Procurement & Regulatory Manager and Distribution Manager to negotiate commercial terms with suppliers for the procurement and delivery of parts, materials, tools, equipment and services.
- Assist Supply Chain Senior Associate and Procurement & Regulatory Manager in creation of request for proposals, tenders and quotations.
- Perform bid analysis by tracking and aggregating quotations to make recommendations to leadership for vendor selection.
- Maintain supplier database, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all information.
- Monitor replenishment levels and reorder points to ensure consistent supply of inventory.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in negotiations and process management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess an innate and unwavering hustle to get the job done, along with a strong skill set in working with East African suppliers.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) from an accredited university with 2:1 (3.0 GPA) or higher grade
- 1-3 years experience in supply chain management or procurement
- Ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent problem solving ability in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of project timeline and results
- Strong technical writing ability; able to read and interpret drawings
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in ambiguity
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal oriented, flexible, and able to deal well with setbacks
- Comfort with spending 5-10% of time traveling within East Africa, possibly on short notice
- 4+ years related experience in supply chain management or procurement
- Automotive industry experience
- Proficiency in Project, Access, and Visio
- Fluency in Kiswahili
How to apply
131 total views, 2 today