Full-Time Processing Plant Assistant Manager Needed At Sanergy
Sanergy is a social venture that builds a sustainable sanitation network throughout Nairobi’s slums, by creating a network of local entrepreneurs who run small-scale sanitation centers.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Processing Plant Assistant Manager is in charge with overseeing and operating the treatment plant for organic waste.
- Develop shift plans on monthly and work plans on weekly basis, ensure that they are adhered and tasks are performed to full satisfaction and on time
- Provide instruction to Team Supervisor during weekly work plan meetings
- Evaluate and complete performance appraisals of Waste Processing Team employees
- Ensure that all waste is processed in the waste treatment plant using appropriate means in the most safe and efficient manner possible
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate occupational and environmental health and safety regulations
- Develop, implement, continuously evaluate and up-date work instructions
- Responsible for striving for and meeting Key Performance Indicators developed for Waste Processing
- Interview, hire and train new staff required for waste processing
- Maintain discipline, morale and personnel relations among the team
- Interpret monitoring data, troubleshoots problems and develop and implements solutions to improve currenttreatment process
- Interpret laboratory data for compost boxes and windrows, establish and conduct final quality control of finished product
- Support Processing Team Supervisor in treatment of waste, including provision and ordering of equipment and manpower needed
- Focus on continuous improvement of process through most effective usage of manpower and equipment
- Implement research experiments
- Oversee waste treatment plant staff as well as development of the site and its operations
- Prepare and complete routine maintenance inspections of plant facility and equipment, to ensure facility is
- kept in good tidy order and malfunctioning of equipment is repaired to provide a professional and safe workingenvironment.
Inventory and budget management
- Track and record expenses daily and submit budget on time
- Ensure request of MPESA payments are submitted for approval in time
- Bi-weekly submission of petty cash expenses
Cross- team communication and collaboration
- Provide assistance to other teams in hosting trainings and site visits
- Attend all scheduled meetings and company functions as required
- Undertake other assigned duties and projects as required
- Computer skills: MS office, Email, internet, preferable: salesforce
- Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong in problem solving and analytical thinking
- Detail and result orientation
- Minimum of an Upper Second Class , with honors, Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as a supervisor or manager
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
176 total views, 1 today