Full-Time Plant Engineer Job Vacancy in Kenya
Department: Agro processing unit
Reports from:production team, machine operators
Main Purpose of the Job
Major 1 year deliverable
- Minimize losses and create efficiencies in the production cycle.
- Training of operators to achieve their full potential.
- Production planning/scheduling
- Quality controls
- Ensure that production schedules are followed and meet the customer orders
- Review all sales orders before production commences to ensure correct output and minimize wastage
- Ensure that the raw material for food processing meets quality standards and quality in conjunction with Quality Assurance Officer;
- Supervise the work of foremen, supervisors, general laborers and other production unit staff.
- To inform management on work progress by generating production output, work reports and final reports
- Monitor and review production policies and procedure to ensure continuous production
- Develop maintenance schedules for all the equipment used at the food packaging unit
- Manage employee relations with production staff
- Maintain client and supplier relationships by making periodic clientele visits to monitor production targets
- Ensure Safety standards are adhered and maintained
- Degree in mechanical engineering and preferably should have knowledge on electrical engineering
- Must have 5-7 years experience in a processing plant/manufacturing (preferable agro processing)
- Minimum of 2 years in an engineer post
- Good presentation of reports and strong reasoning
- Good communication skills
- Good computing skills – Microsoft office is mandatory
- On time up to date reports to management
- Cleanliness, Health and Safety measures maintained
- Meeting deadlines for production
- Reducing wastage
- Liaising with operations team
- Efficiency in production
CVS to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com by 16th February 2013.
124 total views, 1 today