21 Jan 2013
Full-Time Pact Recruits Senior Program Officer in Kenya
Senior Program Officer
Pact is an International NGO with an office in Kenya among several other offices across the world, which enables systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and take part in the benefits that nature provides.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Kenyan Civil Society Strengthening Program (KCSSP) is a grant-making and capacity-building program jointly implemented by Pact and ACT!
Pact developed KCSSP in 2006 to strategically target those NGOS and other civil society actors with the greatest potential to build large constituencies for critical reforms needed in the democratic governance, conflict resolution and natural resource management (NRM) sectors.
1. Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the Kenyan Civil Society Strengthening Program (KCSSP), the Senior Program Officer (SPO) will provide support to KCSSP
The main responsibilities of the SPO include playing a specific role in ensuring programs supported by Pact Inc. Kenya are implemented effectively and in line with the overall objectives.
The SPO will work collaboratively and maintain close coordination with other program officers in Governance and peace building and conflict management during this transitional period in Kenya.
They will also contribute to analysis and design of new programming.
2. Key responsibilities
- Provide technical support and contribute towards program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Ensure all the required reports are prepared and are of high quality, shared and filed on time.
- Participate in quarterly and other scheduled program performance review meetings.
- Support the process of documentation, proposal development, and evaluation planning, research and knowledge management activities
- Support the development, implementation of trainings, workshops, participatory design processes and consultancies in capacity development for Pact partners
- Support program reporting, peer learning on key cross-cutting issues within programs, and keep abreast of changing sector knowledge and best practice. Sharing of resources with technical staff across programs.
- Participate actively in contributing to documentation of “success stories” and other anecdotal information to enhance the overall quality of performance reports to the donors.
- Induct Pact staff on proven technical methodologies and available resources.
- Participate in organizing and conducting program internal and external evaluation exercises
- Provide Technical support to the Targets of Opportunity (TOO) mechanism to ensure its effective implementation
- Provide support in the development of new programs in line with Pact’s strategic areas of focus
3. Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in the social sciences or related field. Masters’ degree or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- A post graduate qualification in program/project design, development and management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar position in an NGO, international organization or government agency.
- Direct experience in program development and management, working on matters of capacity development, health, and governance programming with strong involvement in poverty issues; grassroots work experience
- Strong analytical, research and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Good knowledge management, and proven middle management skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power point and use of internet research
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
- Familiarity with and experience in the use of various research resources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other data bases
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment and with partners at all levels
4. Application Process
We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications to the attention of Pact HR Office in Kenya via the following email address: email@example.com clearly indicating in the subject field Senior Program officer.
All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidates are identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pact is a fair and equal opportunity employer.
Umeme Plaza, first floor
Naivasha rd, off Ngong rd
Naivasha rd, off Ngong rd
P.O Box 35081-00100
P.O Box 35081-00100
126 total views, 1 today