28 Feb 2013
Full-Time Oxfam Recruits Administrator for Regional Management Team, Nairobi
Administrator for Regional Management Team
Level: E1 National
Starting salary:Kshs. 90,561 gross per month
Contract type: Open ended
Based in: Nairobi, Kenya
Ready for a challenge?
At Oxfam we will offer you a challenging job, a rewarding experience and an opportunity to work with teams making a real impact on poverty and suffering.
Come and join us at Oxfam as an Administrator for our Regional Management Team and put your administrative talent to practice.
Working together with an Administration team your role will be to provide high-level administrative support to senior managers at the Regional Centre, which will include to type, process and file correspondence, reports and other materials.
Develop and maintain effective filing, archiving and record keeping systems, both paper and electronic.
You will ensure that key documents are saved and that the system allows for easy retrieval.
You will also pro-actively manage RMT Managers email, in-tray and diaries and ensure appropriate priority is given and action is taken in response to email and correspondence.
You will be required to coordinate the flow of information between RMT Managers and the rest of the region and ensure RMT Managers are kept briefed during their absences from the office and on their return.
You will be expected to support the managers on internal business systems as well as support and host visitors from the region and elsewhere by arranging inductions and other programmes for them while ensuring high level of care.
You will support other staff by providing advice and guidance in handling organisational and administrative tasks for which the Regional Centre is responsible.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Recognised Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent qualification
- Proven administrative experience in a similar role with at least 2 years experience in the role of Personal Assistant
- Good written/oral communication and listening skills, with excellent written and spoken English
- A highly confidential approach to handling sensitive data and issues.
- High level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to use appropriate styles and methods of communication to ensure a professional yet personal customer service
- Previous NGO experience
- Excellent computer skills (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, Internet, E-mail)
- Ability to work well with others in a multicultural set-up (working effectively with others) and (following and supporting others)
- Ability to build effective working relationships with others at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to organise multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating appropriately and saying “no” or finding alternative solutions when appropriate.
- Sympathetic to Oxfam’s work and mission.
- Manages own time on the whole, and some conflicting priorities without upward referral.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Anticipates outcomes of activities and uses initiative to keep these activities on course.
- Proven ability to remain calm, focussed and organised and to deliver results on time when under pressure and with rapidly changing circumstances.
This is a highly challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV including a day time contact by applying by email quoting the title “Admin-RMT” to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 10th March 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
138 total views, 1 today