Full-Time One Acre Fund Job For Finance Manager in Western Kenya
Salary: Ksh 30,000 – 60,000/-
The Finance Manager must be a quick learner that will be able to train, motivate, and lead a team of bookkeepers and treasurers who account for our revenues, expenses, inventory, and cash flow.
The Finance Manager must proactively diagnose finance systems problems, brainstorm improvements and solutions, and lead and manage the implementation of those solutions.
Primary Duties of a Finance Manager
Train and Manage Finance Staff: You will train and manage the performance of members comprising of the OAF Finance Team. You will host monthly trainings, provide individualized feedback, and improve OAF Finance Team’s capacities and capabilities.
Create and Deliver Reports – You will be responsible for preparing and submitting timely and relevant internal financial documents, external financial documents, and all applications and submissions to relevant external authorities, as required.
Set and Achieve Targets – You will be given a number of projects intended to improve the Finance Team, or One Acre Fund’s financial sustainability. You will manage and execute these projects from start to finish, by working with other staff.
Collaborate with Other Managers and Teams – To achieve and improve financial health for One Acre Fund, the Finance Manager must work with District Field Directors, HQ Managers, the Internal Auditors, and international staff. The ability to be a team player is crucial in this role.
Lead by Example, Solve Problems – One Acre Fund needs decisive leadership on their finance team. You will lead by example by setting high standards of performance, integrity, and teamwork. You will continually improve systems, policies and procedures, and identify existing problems, and anticipate future ones.
If you have these skills and experiences in these areas, please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience in financial institutions, or in finance departments of companies, or NGOs.
- Leadership experience: Experience managing people and teams in or outside of work.
- Proactively diagnose and solve problems
- Strong comfort with numerical analysis
- Strong computer skills: Ability to create reports and tools in Word and Excel; fast typing speed (20+ wpm); quick to learn and operate other software (i.e., Access)
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
- Clear communicator/mentor
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Integrity and a Positive Attitude
- Demonstrates high quality work with a strong attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Western Province or Nyanza for a long term position
- Language: Fluent in Kiswahili and English Required.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
219 total views, 1 today