2 Mar 2013
Full-Time Nicola Farms Ltd Recruits Agronomy Manager (Outgrower Based)in Kenya
Agronomy Manager (Outgrower Based)
About the Company
Nicola Farms Limited (NFL) is a company specializing in growing, value addition and export of fresh fruits and vegetables.
The company is based in Murang’a County near Maragua town in Central Kenya.
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position.
The successful applicants will report directly to the Operations Manager on all day-to-day matters pertaining to the Agronomy in our out-growers farms.
- Planning, coordinating and executing growing activities against clear budgets, work assignments and management guided priorities.
- Ensure timely planting schedule is observed
- Compliance with the standards – Global GAP, TNC, ETI etc
- To provide reliable information and analysis on past, present and future production levels for each product and each supplier in different areas.
- To develop and maintain an effective and appropriate working relationship with individual growers and their staffs.
- To ensure that all growers understand, use and adhere to the procedures and commitments laid down in the code of practice with aim of ensuring supply of safe produce.
- Developing and documenting all crop protocols and ensuring that the company adheres to policies and procedures as per industry and legal requirements.
- To provide a regular cost effective extension services to the contracted farmers while monitoring the plantings and crop management and advising farmers on best ways to achieve maximum returns.
- Diploma/Degree in Horticulture/Agriculture
- Minimum 3 years experience in vegetable growing.
- Pest & Diseases identification skills
- Good team player
- Good reporting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Good record keeping/ Analytical skills
- Have a clean Driving Licence.
If you fulfill the above requirements, send your letter of application, copies of certificates and testimonials together with a daytime telephone contact to reach the undersigned on or before 8th March 2013.
Human Resources & Admin Coordinator
Nicola Farms Ltd
Nicola Farms Ltd
Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Nicola Farms Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
213 total views, 1 today