19 Feb 2013
Full-Time Nation Media Group: Radio Business Executives Jobs
Radio Business Executives
Job Ref: HR-BE-02-2013
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking qualified and experienced Radio Business Executives for direct, agency and freelance sales.
We invite applicants who are performance driven and possess excellent skills and capability to drive sales and revenues for QFm & Easy Fm.
The candidates will have the overall responsibility of initiating and executing sales while promoting and developing effective service to maximize sales volumes and revenue.
- Targeting and developing new sales accounts through handling external sales calls and prospecting clients;
- Obtaining research and market intelligence data for executing sales opportunities;
- Contributing to sales promotion ideas to sales and advertising team;
- Retaining current business and developing new business contacts;
- Marketing ,programming and scheduling in order to attract commercials to the station;
- Preparing proposals and advertising ideas to area businesses while selling commercial advertising time and other station products to advertisers;
- Maintaining sales contacts with appropriate representatives of major advertisers and issues resolutions;
- Understanding the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and finding ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising solutions;
- Attracting advertisers to sell products and services via Easy and Q fm;
- Executing budgets and targets through effective solicitations, promotions and customer service.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:
- Basic University Degree and diploma in sales & marketing;
- 2 to 3 years experience in sales preferably in a broadcasting environment;
- Assertive with the ability to develop relations with clients and to execute sales closures;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Well developed presentation skills;
- Results oriented and proactive;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Ability to think creatively and open to new ideas;
- Excellent client service skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A good understanding and experience in the media industry will be an added advantage.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online athttp://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 24th February, 2013.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
152 total views, 1 today