Full-Time Mid-Career Management Trainee Careers in Kenya
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Over the past 36 years Kenya Airways has successfully operated in the Kenyan and global market. Competing in a highly competitive environment, this innovative organization has pushed the boundaries to expand both its product range as well as its markets. Harnessing its global brands it has segmented the market and offers a range of products through well-established partnerships in the region.
Kenya Airways is looking to recruit dynamic, energetic, passionate and result oriented Mid-Career Management Trainees who will be responsible for overall efficient management of operational activities in specific areas ensuring effective and world class effective service delivery to customers (internal and external).
This program is ideal for individuals who can take up management and/or leadership positions within Kenya Airways. As part of the Mid-Career Management Development, there is an opportunity to potentially take up Country Manager or Area Manager Roles within the commercial arm of the organization’s operations.
During the 12 month programme, the successful applicants will be based either in Nairobi and/or in any of the stations in international destinations that Kenya Airways flies to.
The jobholder will ultimately be responsible for providing on the ground leadership to maintain and grow the company’s prominent regional market presence in line with Kenya Airways Ltd vision of attaining strong leadership positions across its markets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for efficient management of operational activities and ensuring the highest standards of service delivery.
Some of the key areas of responsibility will include:
• Team Leadership: Realising individual/team energy through effective team leadership empowering and developing others to deliver.
• Customer Service: Driving a customer service excellence culture.
• Operations Management: Efficient planning and management of resources to achieve cost effective service delivery.
• Change Management: Leading and managing projects /change initiatives to deliver operational strategies and initiatives.
• Governance and Compliance: Ensuring all operational activities are compliant to laid down legislative, industry or company policy/requirements.
• Financial Management: Efficient planning and managing of financial resources to achieve cost effective service delivery.
• Safety: Ensuring safe and secure working environment in compliance with legislative and industry requirements.
• Stakeholder Relationship Management: Pro-actively and effectively managing relationships with all stakeholders internal and external to positively influence service delivery with them.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer, and a diverse set of candidates is being sought for formal consideration. Working closely across various functions, the ideal candidate will be wholly responsible for providing on the ground leadership to maintain and grow our client’s prominent regional market presence in line with the organisation’s vision of strong leadership positions across categories and markets.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience and background:
• A Graduate with at least seven (7) years working experience with three (3) years in a Managerial role.
• MBA and/or other Postgraduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Complete familiarity with MS Office packages including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proven track record of consistent, high performance with strong leadership qualities.
• Strong people management and development skills.
• Excellent operations management and business administration skills.
• Good analytical skills and decision making skills.
• High ethical standards-uncompromising business and personal ethics.
• ‘A doer’, not simply a strategist or theorist. Hands on and energetic in following through. Sees things to completion.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Project management experience.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
Kenya Airways or popularly known as the Pride of Africa was established in February 1977 following the breakup of the East African Community and subsequent disbanding of the jointly-owned East African Airways. As Kenya’s flag carrier its head office is located in Embakasi, Nairobi, with its hub at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The airline was wholly owned by the Government of Kenya until April 1995. It was later privatized in 1996, becoming the first African airline to successfully do so. Kenya Airways is currently a public-private partnership. The largest shareholder is the Government of Kenya (29.8. %), followed by KLM, which has a 26.73% stake in the company while the rest of the shares are held by private owners. Kenya Airways shares are traded in the Nairobi Stock Exchange, the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and the Uganda Securities Exchange.
From five domestic and 16 international destinations at the inception stage in 1977, Kenya Airways currently serves 57 cities in Asia, Africa and Europe. In July 2012, Kenya Airways added Eldoret and Kilimanjaro its destination network bringing the total number of Kenya Airways’ African destinations to 45.
In line with their mission and vision Kenya Airways’ actions, behaviours and attitudes at work are driven by safety, customer satisfaction and quality considerations.
Further information on Kenya Airways is available on the company’s website.
To apply, go to:
160 total views, 1 today