Full-Time Meru County Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy In Kenya
Republic of Kenya
Government of Meru County
Meru County Public Service Board
The Meru County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and section 451, 150 and 510 of the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Quantity Surveyor – 1 Post
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Evaluation and reporting on contractual claims from contracts, checking valuations for payments to contractors, resolution of disputes on cases requiring litigation or arbitration.
2. Responsible for cost information services, control and implementation of tendering and procuring procedures for construction projects, preparation of cost hand books handling correspondence, reports and papers on policy matters.
3. Preparation of cost estimates, bills of quantities, monthly valuation on site. Site measurements. Preparation of variation orders and final accounts involving the implementation of development project of the County.
4. Supervise quantity surveying services in the county and supervise the staff working under him or her.
Requirements for appointment:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen.
2. Served in the grade of chief superintendent quantity surveyor or comparable and relevant position in the public service/private sector for at least three years.
3. A Bachelor of Arts degree in building economics / quantity surveying.
4. Be registered with the board of registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya as a quantity surveyor.
5. Corporate membership of the Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) or Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK)
6. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six weeks from a recognized institution.
7. Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for the effective planning, direction, control and co-ordination of quantity surveying functions.
NB. Applicants should seek clearance from
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Criminal Investigation Department
Commission for Higher Education; For those with certificates from Private and foreign institutions.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left hand-side the position you are applying for and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 120-60200,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Meru County Government offices.
The applications should reach the Secretary on or before Monday 18th November, 2013 at 5.00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Secretary,County Public Service Board.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
122 total views, 1 today