Full-Time Mercy Corps Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Nairobi, Kenya
Mercy Corps Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya
General Position Summary:
Essential Job Functions:
- Take ownership for the recruiting, sourcing and identification of talent including proactive discussions with regional and country management for succession planning, retention and recruitment for proposals.
- Deepen and widen the talent pools that Mercy Corps has access to and support senior level recruitment as requested.
- Provide responsive, high-quality service to candidates with additional care for internal or former team members.
- Expand the capacity of hiring teams to identify talent via improved interview skills & ability to specify critical needs.
- Execute full lifecycle talent acquisition activities for roles across Africa and other regions as assigned, multiple disciplines and levels within the relief and development field.
- Advance the agency’s aim to have a global team that is representative of the places where we work, with a particular focus on leadership positions.
- Track and identify cutting edge trends and best practices in global recruitment practices.
- Lead the initiative to realign the recruitment process to be consistent with Mercy Corps’ Leadership competency model.
- Contribute to the broader LOE team by actively participating in initiatives as needed.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with talent sources in the region(s) assigned including technical networks, thought leaders, academic institutions, and private sector.
- Assist in promoting Mercy Corps as an employer of choice by attending events, promoting through social media, job boards and developing talent communities.
- Build effective partnerships with internal stakeholders to support current needs and develop plans for future needs.
- Collaborate with all members of the LOE team to develop best practices, promote continuous improvement and foster information/idea sharing.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, business administration, social science or relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience with recruitment/talent acquisition within E Africa.
- Advanced experience with successful sourcing strategies for globally representative and diverse candidates.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Ability to travel within E Africa and globally required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, internet searching, and applicant tracking systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of staffing in international relief and development environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively across diverse cultures and geographical distances with sensitivity.
- Kenya work authorization required.
- Language skills in French or Arabic preferred.
Living /Environmental Conditions:
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
370 total views, 1 today