Full-Time Mercy Corps: Project Manager Job in Eldoret Kenya
Mercy Corps exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Program / Department Summary:
General Position Summary:
Essential Job Functions:
- 1. Supervise Data Officers in Eldoret and Nakuru and provide support and training in all their activities. Assist in the development of their professional skills. Conduct staff evaluations as appropriate.
- 2. Hold frequent meetings with the program team and ensure that each team member understands their responsibilities and accountabilities.
- 3. Ensure that program activities are implemented according to the implementation plan and in an efficient and effective manner.
- Play a key role in the development of systems and mechanisms to ensure the successful implementation of the program; including submission of quality weekly updates, and ensuring that program progress tracking records are kept up to date.
- Write reports and document work carried out in the field.
- Together with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, conduct pre-monitoring visits to assess the suitability of proposed projects and conduct assessments of partners.
- Together with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, conduct monitoring visits to assess the progress and effectiveness of community projects supported by Mercy Corps. Provide follow up recommendations and solutions where there are problems in implementation
- Liaise with other NGOs and government officers to help resolve problems in the field.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years experience working with NGOs in peace-building and economic development projects;
- Bachelor’s degree in peace-building, Political Science, Sociology, economic development or related field;
- Proven experience managing programs and conducting trainings in Early Warning and Early Response, conflict mitigation and reconciliation;
- Experience in managing staff and understanding the need for regular support and follow-up to ensure that project objectives are being met;
- Commitment to working with youth and vulnerable groups in need, regardless of race, tribe, religion or gender;
- Understanding of working with local partners;
- Good problem solving, written and oral communication skills;
- Strong written and spoken English;
- Ability to work without constant supervision and as part of a mixed team;
- Good understanding of Conflict Early Warning and Early Response Systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, Word, and Access;
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership;
- Effective communication and team-building skills;
- High motivation for working in peace-building and economic development with a focus on youth;
- Ability to live and work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources;
- Initiative and adaptability;
- Strong diplomacy skills in managing a team with different backgrounds, abilities, and technical knowledge.
Applicants must clearly indicate on the email subject
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
181 total views, 1 today