20 Mar 2013
Full-Time Mercy Corps Job For Assistant Finance Officer, Nairobi
Mercy Corps works amid disasters, conflicts, chronic poverty and instability to unleash the potential of people who can win against impossible odds.
Since 1979, Mercy Corps has provided $1 billion in assistance to people in 82 nations.
Supported by headquarters offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, the agency’s unified global programs employ 3,500 staff worldwide and reach 9 million people in more than 40 countries.
Over the last five years, more than 90 percent of the agency’s resources have been allocated directly to programs that help people in need.
Mercy Corp is seeking to recruit an Assistant Finance Officerreporting to the Senior Finance Officer.
The position is based in Nairobi and is on a one year contract.
General Position Summary
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Assistant Finance Officer will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Prepare cash payment vouchers and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Perform daily cash count with the Finance Officer or other person assigned
- Record payment vouchers daily in the cash sub-journal
- Maintain the uncleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance Manager
- Prepare checks or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
- Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented
- Record payment vouchers daily in the bank subjournal
- Prepare photocopies of vouchers and other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to HQ Finance
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Sub-grant Management and organizing sub-grant files
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum CPA II or other relevant accounting qualification
- Bookkeeping, banking or cashier experience will be an added advantage
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English skills
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting.
Staff are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements of the above position should submit an application including a cover letter, detailed CV listing three professional references, including your current/latest supervisor, and expected remuneration by 4.00p.m 26th March, 2013 to [email protected]
Your email should bear the title “ASSISTANT FINANCE OFFICER”.
Applications which do not adhere to the guidelines will be disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
You are invited to read more about MercyCorps in our websitewww.mercycorps.org.
293 total views, 1 today