23 Mar 2013
Full-Time Medical Doctor Needed At O’Live Medicare Services in Kenya
O’Live Medicare Services provides management services to the healthcare industry by building the capability of the industry stakeholders to meet the continuously evolving needs of the healthcare market, and deliver on the promise of their products and services to their members.
We are recruiting on behalf of one of our clients a Medical Doctorfor immediate deployment.
S/he shall be fully in charge of the hospital’s medical functions.
The Medical officer will specifically be responsible for:
- Overall responsible for the daily clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients attending the hospital.
- Closely work with the other medical personnel within the hospital and management.
- Refer acute and chronic cases to the special clinics accordingly.
- Organize with fellow colleagues’ weekly work and day off schedule to ensure that weekends are properly covered.
- Conduct and supervise the daily morning ward rounds in the hospital.
- Ensure that all assessments and treatment provided are properly documented on patients’ files.
- Maintain an accurate and updated records keeping system at the hospital keeping in mind that any significant changes seen with regards to cases seen at the facility should be reported
- Admit patients to the wards when necessary.
- Organize the weekly hospital staff meeting.
- Carry out small surgical procedures at the hospital.
- Attend to emergencies in ward.
- Develop clinical protocols and procedures in line with current WHO/MOH and for OJT and theory sessions i.e. during CME’s, round and clinics.
- Training of staff on job and theory sessions.
- Monitor and provide on-going in service training of clinical staff.
- Prepare periodical reports for management discussions and decision making.
- Provide health talks to patients/clients on day-to-day basis during their review.
- Improve patient records in line with the reporting system.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to the drug management system processes by all hospital staff in collaboration with the pharmacist e.g. rational prescription by M.A’s and clinicians.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or may be assigned.
- Medical doctor registered with the Kenya Medical and Dentists Practitioners Board
- More than two years experience in a busy hospital setting.
- Excellent clinical and surgical skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate
- Good team player
Those interested in the position should send their applications & detailed CVs to email@example.com so as to reach us by: 27th March, 2013.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
166 total views, 1 today