Hotel HousekeeperScott Christian University has just completed phase one of the retreat center. It is currently looking for staff to occupy new vacancies related to hotel industry. To begin with an executive house keeper will be required.
· To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the Customer Service Programme.
· To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members.
· To review and act on Customer Service Reports relevant to your areas of responsibility to achieve positive and consistent results.
· To review and act on customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility. This to include customer complaints and compliments.
· To ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility, reporting any damage and wear and tear, ensuring bedroom faults are rectified promptly.
· To organize and set up on-going deep clean schedules.
· To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include revenue, stock levels, average spends and departmental profits.
· To be fully aware of departmental budgeted and actual payroll costs and manage by allocating labour resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels, through productivity ratios and payroll management.
· To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
· To control all linen stocks and levels, ensuring linen costs are controlled in accordance with hotel procedures.
· To assist with the control of purchasing in department by effective use of S.A.P.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
· To ensure efficient stores procedures, ensuring cleaning materials and guest supplies are adequate and stock levels in accordance with hotel business.
· To carry out stock takes as required.
· To ensure all charges are raised for laundry and dry cleaning services, where appropriate.
· To assist with the preparation of Housekeeping budgets.
· To update price comparisons of all Housekeeping sundry items.
· To maintain good effective working relationships with linen/laundry suppliers where appropriate.
Growing the Business:
· To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise hotels revenue and exceed budgeted targets.
· To suggest promotional opportunities to enhance hotel and department performance.
· To ensure all department team members are sales focused.
· To lead and create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
· To ensure effective communication with your team by holding regular briefing sessions
· To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual team member’s personal development. .
· To set clear objectives for departmental team members, linked with the hotel’s Business plan.
· To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
· To review the success of training in meeting objectives.
Controlling the Environment:
· To ensure the department operates effectively on a day to day basis, ensuring company standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
· To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can be found in each hotel or accessed on the intranet.
· To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Food Safety, Risk Assessment, Licensing Laws, Disability and ensure all employment legislation is strictly adhered to and team members are trained accordingly.
· To review and co-ordinate action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
· To act as the Hotel Guest Relations Manager as required, ensuring a professional and friendly service throughout the hotel.
· To keep yourself informed of the hotel goals and objectives and those of other departments, maximizing the role you play in delivering the hotel budgeted targets.
· To implement an effective key control system in department, thus ensuring the security of all housekeeping keys.
· To be fully aware of and adhere to security procedures laid down.
· To ensure the department actively maintains and supports Investors in People procedures and practices in order to ensure re-recognition.
· To attend training when required.
· To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to Fire, Bomb and Health and Safety procedures.
· Management: Managing priorities, the ability to listen, stress management, team motivation.
· Ability with figures and ability to manage a cost centre
· Sensibility to customers and able to deal face-to-face with guests
· Ability to deliver training at all levels
· Understanding of IT issues in relation to Housekeeping
· Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum time
· Team working
· The ability to take the initiative
· Good physical resilience
· Organization and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal hotel procedures
· Discretion: not disturbing guests
· Relevant diploma and housekeeping experience.
· Fluency English is mandatory
Business Development ManagerRequirements:
· The candidate must be a born again Christian
· Minimum Degree in Marketing, IT, Mass Comm and/or Business Administration with at least 3 years of relevant service experience. Advertising sales experience would be an added advantage.
· Presentable, detail oriented, responsible and strong sense of achievement
· Strong in people skills/social skills
· Results-oriented with strong customer focus
· Independent and self-driven
· IT Proficiency a plus (*Web, Flash, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop)
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skill in English
· Timely response to customers to get issues resolved
· Good presentation skill and dedicated work attitude
· Willing to learn and grow
· Responsible for the development and execution of Scott Christian University Retreat Centre market penetration strategies
· Will be required to meet up with clients as well as perform corporate presentation of SCU- Retreat Centre
· Responsible for analysis of client’s requirements for cutting edge business proposal
· Provide proper account management and support to project management tea managing expectations and fulfilling client’s requirements.
· responds to customers’ requests/issues in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Responsible for developing marketing collateral.
· Build good relations and meet up with government agencies, advertising agencies and clients to expand the Retreat centres offerings
· The candidate must be a born again Christian.
· The candidate should have extensive PR experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed
· Interpersonal skills. Must be flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames and proven ability to oversee marketing and advertising activities.
· This is an opportunity to raise the profile of a well-established and inspirational organisation
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the University
· Broaden awareness of its values and priorities.
· Raise the profile of Scott Christian University , increase its publicity to all Kenyan
· Develop and implement a University wide plan to increase enrolment.
· To develop and maintain a database of media contacts.
· Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the University to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
· To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
· Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organisation and have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language. Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
· Work with the ICT department to maximise the impact of electronic communications in relation to marketing and new media.
· To develop an annual marketing plan.
· Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding the Scott’s special events, public announcements, fundraising,Outreach activities and other projects. Particularly media coverage for all the graduations.
· Create marketing materials where appropriate.
· Take responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting and planning, and working with the team.
· Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values Learning and a commitment to quality.
Personal Qualities, Qualifications and Experience
· Educated to degree level, preferably in a related subject.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in a PR/Marketing and communications leadership role.
· Experience of working within a membership based organisation and an understanding of the voluntary sector.
· Excellent communicator, with experience of public speaking and good interpersonal skills.
· Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives.
· Thorough understanding of branding principles and approach/methods through multimedia including the Web.
· Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
· Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current client relationships and forge new ones.
· Must have Vision, Communications Strategy and Leadership.
· Clear understanding of ecological issues and supportive of the ethos of Scott Christian University.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
General Scope of the Post
The post holder is accountable to the Manager for providing a catering service for the University and where necessary the provision of meals for all function within without the university.
To understand the need to promote the privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and
Fulfillment of all clients, treating everyone with respect.
The Cook is responsible to the Cateress.
· Undertake menu planning in consultation with the Chef.
· Oversee and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, Snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus.
· Ensure menus are displayed showing choices.
· Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account Diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs.
· Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify suppliers of deficiencies.
· Where meals are provided for another establishment and the community, oversee the Packaging of the meals in the absence of the Chef.
· Oversee washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other Kitchens equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety Standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
· Ensure that the appropriate clothing, including head wears is worn at all times.
· Co-operate fully with the statutory inspections and implement recommendation as appropriate.
· Act as Supervisor to the Kitchen Staff Team on shift.
· Deputize for the Chef during his/her absence.
· To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within thegeneral scope of the post and to be aware that social activities connected with the university may require voluntary work attendance outside normal working hours.
General RequirementsIn addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the University:
1. Participation in staff meetings.
2. Participation in training activities.
3. Participation in staff supervision and appraisal.
4. Participate in quality assurance systems.
5. Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of caring for older people.
6. All duties must be carried out to comply with:-
· Notification of accidents and other Health and Safety requirements.
· Statutory legislation, in particular the Health and Hygiene regulations.
· Nationally and locally agreed Codes of Good Practice.
· Fire precautions.
University LibrarianJob Description
Summary: Responsible for the administration of the University Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Submits recommendations on library policies and services to governing body and implements policy decisions.
· Analyzes, selects, and executes recommendations of personnel such as department heads or supervisors.
· Coordinates all activities of library.
· Analyzes and coordinates departmental budget estimates and controls expenditures to administer approved budget.
· Reviews and evaluates orders for books and audiovisual materials.
· Plans and conducts staff meetings and participates in community and professional meetings to discuss and act on library problems.
· Examines and selects materials to be discarded, repaired, or replaced.
· Interprets, implements, and recommends library policies and procedures.
· Provides advice and consultation to library personnel, government officials, and others concerning the collection development policy and long-range planning.
· Prepares budget, program, annual, and special reports.
· Conducts public relations programs to increase public awareness and support of library programs and services.
· Supervises operation of the integrated automated library system.
· Oversees technical training and support for automated library systems.
· Participates in professional conferences and workshops to keep informed of changes in the library field.
· Plans and implements new information technologies to meet changing needs.
· Assists in reference, cataloging, and acquisitions work as necessary.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, , and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Library and information Science. Masters degree in the same area will be an added advantage.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
· Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups.
Computer Skills:Preferred computer knowledge within area of assigned responsibility or the ability to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Professional Certifications, Licenses, or Registrations within area of assigned responsibility preferred.
ICT Manager/DirectorThis position reports to the DVC- Academic Affairs.
The ICT manager will be expected to provide vision and strategic leadership in the Information Communication Technology (ICT) functions of the University and ensure that the University has an effective and efficient ICT function.Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide vision and leadership for the University ICT development.
· Formulate an effective ICT strategy and policy and standards for the University and monitor adherence to the same.
· Support E-learning across the university.
· Formulate and implement an effective ICT risk management strategy.
· Implement, manage, monitor and undertake periodic review of ICT policy and technical designs including disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
· From time to time re-engineer the existing business processes ¡n line with changes in the operating environment.
· Guide the procurement of hardware and software products for the university.
· Oversee support services and training to system users.
· Manage University ICT resources such as websites, intranet, local and wide area networks, data centre and telephony services.
· Coordinate licensing issues with software/hardware vendors.
· Plan, develop and implement the ICT budget, where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness and ensure operations meet approved budget levels;
· Research and advice on emerging technologies and trends in ICT that can benefit the university
· Promote teamwork and motivate staff to ensure effective working relations, coach, mentor and train new ICT support staff.
· Designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems.
· Design and implement university wide information systems.
Qualifications and Experience
A masters degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Information Technology,. Those with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology, with some years of experience in a busy ICT environment may also be considered.
Key Personal Attributes
· Understanding of systems development lifecycle
· Strategic mindset with ability to undertake and monitor long term planning
· Organizational skills including possessing solid project management skills
· Excellent communication, leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills
· Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
· Business acumen, knowledge, professionalism and integrity
· Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
· Ability to implement Enterprise wide Systems.
· Extensive experience in hardware and software support and management
· Experience in data centre management
How to apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th January 2013.
Human Resource Office
Scott Christian University
P.O Box 49-90100 ,Machakos.
Email address. [email protected]
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
313 total views, 2 today