5 Mar 2013
Full-Time Massive University of Nairobi Office Jobs in Kenya
University of Nairobi
CRISPP Project Positions
Applications are invited for the following positions:-
The University of Nairobi’s School of Medicine, through the Department of Clinical Medicine and Therapeutics, College of Health Sciences, has received funding from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to support the implementation of high quality, equitable, accessible, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment and support services in Nairobi and Central Kenya regions.
To achieve this objective, the Project seeks to fill the following positions.
Location: Nairobi with frequent field travel
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the coordination of financial activities of a multi-project program in diverse locations in Nairobi and Central Kenya.
The successful applicant will, among other responsibilities,
- Supervise and coordinate the provision of all financial support to the project, ensuring that appropriate controls and reporting structures are maintained in accordance with Grantee and Donor rules and regulations.
- Advise the PI/PD on all financial matters, particularly enhancing internal control and risk management mechanisms to minimize inherent operational risks
- Coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to finance (including salary, and any other disbursements) to sub-guarantees.
- Supervise sub-contract and field accountants.
- Prepare monthly financial reports that include cash flow reports, audits and projections.
- Take part in resource mobilization activities including proposal development, costing and budgeting.
- Develop and implement strategies for capacity building of partner organizations in all aspects of financial management especially developing mechanisms to mobilize and manage resources for priority public health interventions
Applicant must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or a related field and a minimum of five years of relevant and progressive work experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Professional accounting qualifications, CPA (K) or ACCA, will be mandatory.
Prior experience in audit and knowledge of GOK and USG financial rules and procedures will be strongly desired. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) programs and major accounting software systems (ERP) is desired.
Those with postgraduate training in project management, procurement and supply chain management or strategic management will have an added advantage.
Service Delivery Advisor and TA Team Lead
The Service Delivery and TA Team Leads will be responsible for coordination of the activities of the TA Hub responsible for support for implementation of quality, accessible and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment in partnership with target DHMTs and HMTs.
The successful candidate will provide technical support for the implementation of HIV prevention, care and treatment; and TB/HIV collaborative activities; support mentorship and capacity development of service providers members, implementation of community programs and quality improvement systems and supervise TA Team.
Applicants should be in possession of a minimum of MBChB degree from a recognized institution and be registered with the MPDB and at least 3 years’ experience in HIV programming.
Those with health systems related qualifications (MPH, Project Management, Health Systems Management or required.
Location: Nairobi with frequent field travel
Applicants must be qualified accountants (CPA-K or equivalent) and in good standing.
They must also have three (3) years’ experience working in either donor funded projects or a large NGO or Public Sector.
Candidates are required to have information technology skills and be proficient in computerized accounting (ERP).
In addition, applicants should be in possession of a current certificate of good conduct and be of above board character and integrity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- maintenance of the Unit’s General Ledger Accounts ensuring timely and correct posting,
- management of accounts payable and expense administration to ensure timeliness in disbursement,
- development and training accounting and non-accounting staff;
- overall management of projects accounting and financial systems by ensuring that appropriate control and reporting structures are maintained in accordance with the Grantee and Donor Agency financial rules and regulations and
- coordination of the use of field resources and assets
How to apply
Please note that all the positions are full-time and on a one year contract renewable on satisfactory performance and mutual agreement.
Please note also that the University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Note: Applicants should submit seven (7) copies of the application letter and supporting documents stating their preferred location in the letter to :-
College of Health Sciences,
P.O Box 30197 00100,
Closing Date: Friday: March 15, 2013
154 total views, 1 today