Full-Time Marketing Manager Job At EABL – Opening in Diageo
EABL operates within a multi cultural, multi national, multi currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, CGI and UBL. UBL is further categorised into Demand and Supply. The Supply business is involved in production of beer and spirits. The Demand business is involved in marketing and pushing the product to consumers.
This role is located within the Demand Beer Uganda business.
EABL is home to some of the most exciting, inspirational and innovative people in the FMCG industry, passionately working with us to grow our business and nurture our brands. At the heart of our business are core values that define us, moulding us into an employer of choice for talented and ambitious people. The values are brought to life by our guiding purpose – to celebrate life every day, everywhere, which permeates our work.
Because we want our people to thrive, we are committed to their professional and personal development by offering and creating diverse opportunities. We also seek to maintain a diverse workforce where, the different contributions made by all our employees, through their different personalities, experiences and perspectives, create a stimulating and rewarding working environment. Having colleagues from many different backgrounds gives us deeper insights into consumer needs and enhances our relationships with all our stakeholders.
Title: Marketing Manager :36023BR
The Marketing Manager has ultimate responsibility for the marketing of core portfolio of brands. Provides functional advice and feedback to the Head of Marketing on all strategic and operational issues relating to these brands, with particular emphasis on marketing performance against budgeted objectives.
Works closely with the members of the Marketing team, strategy, External Affairs etc. Externally, the job holder is expected to work closely with Agencies – Advertising, POS, promotions, research, PR.
EABL (U) demand is the No.1 FMCG Company in Uganda and also markets IDU brands. EABL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach.
Purpose of Role:
Development and execution of the company’s strategic marketing plans in Uganda so as to achieve its budgeted volume, mix, market share and profit objectives for the respective brand.
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities
• Ensures brand positioning is clear, consistent & distinctive and champions the concept of Brand Equity in his/her brands
• Updates best practice based on Diageo/DWBB world class benchmarks and leads/champions the principles of consumer insights in his/her department.
• Utilizes data to anticipate competitive and consumer trends, assesses strategic implications, and optimizes business potential based on analysis and consolidates learning from marketing programs, identifies improved ways of working and champions their adoption within the business.
• Leads the development of communication objectives and advertising ideas for the brand by leading the client/agency relationship, and challenges the agency to ensure best possible output on the brand and demonstrating insight in judging creative material, with a clear understanding of brand values, consumer motivation and competitive context.
• Leads the development of sound packaging changes, which optimize the brand’s message and image. Assesses packaging through a clear understanding of brand values, consumer motivations and the competitive context.
• Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of promotional objectives/strategies. Challenges conventional approaches and thinking to develop better promotions.
• Leads the development of sound pricing strategies, which optimize brand financials as well as consumer off-take. Has a strategic understanding of short and long-term pricing impact. Guides the strategic management of pricing for the brand across different channels.
• Leads development of strategy for the brand. Is able to identify key trends for future areas of opportunity. Ability to effectively communicate key knowledge /insights across the business.
• Leads New Product Development as and when research calls for it to keep the brand vibrant and sensitive to changing consumer needs.
• Monitors and controls Marketing budget to ensure attainment of objectives, within allocated spend.
• Ensures that the Milestone plans for the activities in the year are adhered to by convening a weekly action meeting where Brand Managers update the incumbent.
Qualifications and Experience Required:Qualifications
• A Bachelor of Commerce or related degree or MBA.
• CIM Diploma
• Minimum of 7 years marketing experience in a FMCG environment, with 2 years people management experience.
• Experience in marketing management, development and execution of advertising strategies and price and margin management are required.
How to Apply
Visit: http://www.diageo-careers.com to apply
136 total views, 1 today