11 Feb 2013
Full-Time Learning and Evidence Specialist Job At CARE International
Learning and Evidence Specialist
Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa, CARE International
The Adaptation Learning Programme (ALP) for Africa, implemented by CARE International, develops, implements and disseminates models for community-based adaptation (CBA) to climate change in Ghana, Niger, Mozambique, and Kenya in partnership with local civil society and government institutions.
The experience gained is used to influence adaptation planning, policies and programmes and to promote replication and scaling up of successful CBA models targeting vulnerable communities at national, regional and international levels through learning events and targeted advocacy.
We are seeking a Learning and Evidence Specialist (LES) to enable ALP fulfil its goals in producing and disseminating learning and evidence on Community Based Adaptation (CBA).
In its final two years (of five), ALP is focusing on lessons and evidence from implementing CBA approaches, building the case for CBA and bringing relevant and convincing knowledge and evidence to practitioners and policy makers.
Reporting to the ALP Programme Coordinator, and working closely with ALP coordination and country-based teams, the LES will:
- Lead design of research, synthesise and document evidence and learning from adaptation experiences and impacts in the four ALP countries and beyond.
- Coordinate learning events on CBA including a side event at UNFCCC COP 19 and an all-Africa CBA learning event in 2014, in collaboration with partner organisations.
- Facilitate targeted communications and dissemination of evidence and learning to influence policies, practice and programmes across the ALP countries, African regions and globally.
Required skills and qualifications
- Advanced University degree, in a relevant discipline such as international/rural development or social science
- At least eight years of relevant working experience, including a minimum of five years related to learning, research, advocacy or development practice. NGO experience is an advantage
- Strong experience and knowledge of approaches to learning, including operational and action research, participatory analysis, social learning, evidence-based learning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and producing publications for policy and practice, communicating information and advocacy with a wide range of different audiences
- Experience of working with local and international partners and relationship-building
- Knowledge of climate change adaptation/sustainable development programming in Africa and familiarity with current concepts and debates plus rights based, gender & diversity approaches
- Excellent writing skills, fluency in English, working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese preferred
- Experience of media liaison and media tools e.g. photography, video etc. desirable
Our preferred candidate will have excellent people and communication skills; be analytical, initiative taking, flexible, dynamic and passionate; demonstrate good planning, decisive judgment, teamwork and learning and knowledge sharing, and have an awareness and sensitivity of self, others and cultural diversity.
We offer: an attractive position which can be based in Kenya, Ghana, Denmark or UK (depending on candidate background) with possible travel to Europe, Kenya, Ghana, Mozambique and Niger, for a fixed term up to 31st December 2014.
Women are especially encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Please apply on-line at http://www.care.dk/english/jobs.
A detailed job description is available on:http://www.careclimatechange.org/jobs/care-jobs.
For more information on ALP, visit:http://www.careclimatechange.org/adaptation-initiatives/alp
Deadline for application including CV is 28th February 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
183 total views, 1 today