Internship Latest Program Development Officer Internship Job – Workforce Humanity
The individual will identify, define and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate in the development, writing and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities.
Primary responsibility includes preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
- Develops a fundraising strategy for the organization
- Conducts a donor mapping of institutional donors (EU, UN, USAID, AusAid etc) who’s priorities align with the strategy
- Capacity build team when necessary
- Ensure the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities
- Conduct a mapping of suitable foundations and develop proposal frameworks
- Assess potential means for individual support / donations
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Develop a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked
- Manage the upcoming reports and donor requirements
- Facilitate the ‘kick off’ meetings to grants
- Develop communication materials such as newsletters, annual reports for donors and other stakeholders
- Help with the content of the website
- Help with developing the annual strategy with the Country Director and staff
- Represent the NGO with government and other stakeholders
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Build monitoring and evaluation systems for program activities where necessary
- To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate some or all of the following competencies:
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete data; designs work flows and procedures
- Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others views
Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft office word, power point and excel).
Masters degree in related discipline with a desire to work in the humanitarian sector.
This position is part of Workforce Humanity’s Humanitarian Development Program and is unpaid.
For more information on the program visit www.workforcehumanity.com or if you would like to apply submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
129 total views, 1 today