12 Feb 2013
Full-Time Latest Internal Audit Manager Vacancy in Kenya
Position: Manager – Internal Audit(Preferably an Asian but not a must)
Reporting To:Finance Manager
Role / Purpose: To provide independent and objective assurance on the Management of risk throughout the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop an annual audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year. Annual audit plan to cover all operational, financial & system audit of all Subsidiary companies.
- Meet with Directors, HOD’s and Managers to discuss needs and propose audits, to
- Build stakeholder requirements into department plans.
- Ensure plan is developed to meet the management expectations.
- Schedule and assign audits to team members, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.
- Ensure quality control of the team’s audit plans on an ongoing basis by reviewing and approving plans as they are developed and communicated to HOD.
- Ensure annual audit plans have contingency built in, to provide unexpected audits to HOD as they may surface.
- Report to the CFO at the required intervals on Internal Audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and any other ad-hoc activity as required.
- Oversee and provide quality control for the department’s audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure completion of audit assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the management.
- Develop the team’s engagement with and support of major business change programmers’ thus ensuring that appropriate consideration of risk and control is given to all change.
- Ensure monthly final reports are issued with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group to the company management.
People Management & Development
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing and developing their assignments to ensure the department’s goals are achieved and customers satisfied.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth.
- Motivate and inspire the team by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet customer expectations.
- Deal with performance issues, discipline as necessary and address poor standards, ensuring department targets and customer satisfaction is not compromised.
- Manage the head count, recruiting and deploying resources as required, to ensure the department budget is balanced and the right mix of skills and strengths are being leveraged as effectively as possible.
Improving the Practice of Audits/Championing Risk Management
- Build relationships with leaders across the organization to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organization as a whole.
- Support and encourage team members to be proactive in identifying opportunities to share best practice with Directors and Managers to improve the control Environment.
- Develop new methodologies to improve the audit process, making it “easier” for the organization to request audits and implement recommendations.
- Provide assistance to the business in meeting regulatory & Tax requirements.
- Keep abreast of developments in Corporate Governance practices and advise the business accordingly.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, this will be reviewed and will be Subject to amendment in consultation with the post-holder.
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
- To implement the Equal Opportunities Policy into your daily activities.
- Institute of Internal Auditors or equivalent
- Finance qualification with Internal Audit min 3 years of Experience
- ACA / ACCA / CISA / QICA / ACII / ACIB /
Experience: Significant management experience in Group companies internal audit function.
- Systems in order
- Documentation kept in correct manner
- SOPs followed
- Identification of training
- Hierarchy followed
Note: Indicate the job title in your application
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
137 total views, 1 today