8 Aug 2013
Full-Time Land O’ Lakes Inc Recruitment In Kenya
Latest Land O’ Lakes Inc Recruitment In Kenya
USAID / APHIAPLUS IMARISHA Program
Livestock / Livelihood Specialist
Location: Marsabit or Samburu
As part of the AMREF APHIAPlus NAL consortium team implementing the USAID-funded APHIAplus program in the northern arid lands of Kenya, the Livestock Specialist will work to support the consortium’s activities to improve the livestock – based livelihoods of marginalized, poor and underserved populations, including people living with HIV (PLHIV) in their assigned county.
The Livestock Specialist will directly train targeted households in increasing their income and improving their food security through livestock production, value addition, and marketing.
The Livestock Specialist will also provide TOT training of local partner organizations in economic strengthening and livelihood development activities.
Duty or Area of Responsibility
Under the guidance and supervision of the Livelihoods Advisor
- Provide leadership in identifying livestock-related household economic strengthening activities for vulnerable households in NAL
- Provide technical leadership in improving access, adoption, and utilization of such household economic strengthening activities for targeted households and communities.
- Maintain strong relationships with groups, associations and government partners supporting people living with HIV (PLHIV) and orphans and vulnerable children to participate in the Aphia+NAL program.
- Work with target beneficiaries to provide opportunities to participate in entrepreneurial and vocational job readiness training, as well as other market based opportunities by linking with other programs and implementers conducting economic, livestock and nutrition development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in livestock development, community development, agriculture, or related fields.
- At least 2 years, work experience in household economic strengthening, livelihoods or food security programs.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and PLHIV, particularly engaging them in economic strengthening interventions.
- Previous experience working with and building capacity of community based organizations
- Strong written/verbal English communication skills.
- Willingness to work and be based in the Northern Arid Lands
- Working knowledge of one/some of the languages spoken in Kenya’s Northern Arid Lands.
- Previous experience in U.S. Government grants, agreements and/or contracts preferred.
How to apply:
Land O’ Lakes Inc offers the selected candidate a competitive package entailing a monthly gross salary based on existing salary scales and secondary benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application letter, resume, and three references by e-mail addressed to:
The Project Coordinator;
Land O’Lakes Inc
to: E-mail Address: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 19th August 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
- land o lakes jobs kenya
- aphia plus imarisha job vacancy livelihood at marsabit in the month of August
- land o lakes nairobi job vacancy
- land o lakesk kenya
- Land O’Lakes Inc-kenya
- landolakes jobs kenya
350 total views, 1 today