Full-Time Kenya Tullow Oil Job For Accountant (Accounts Payable)
Job Title: Accounts Payable (AP) Accountant
Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100. The Group has interests in over 100 exploration and production licences across 24 countries focusing on four core regions: Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America. Working for Tullow Oil in Kenya, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make a difference.
We provide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy. Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on. Tullow Kenya BV is seeking to appoint the following position:
Reports To: Senior Financial Accountant
To ensure timely and accurate registering and processing of invoices in accordance with Company policies, timely communication to various Suppliers on payments and to maintaining up to date, accurate supplier reconciliations.
Responsibilities /Key Objectives:
• Accurately register, code and process invoices for payment ensuring that all invoices are approved in accordance with the Company delegation of authority limits.
• Follow-up and resolve Invoice Queries Externally and Internally.
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of vendor accounts.
• Ensure vendor payments are achieved within the agreed contractual payment terms.
• Generate aging and other vendor reports as required.
• Prepare month end accrual journals.
• Requesting for supplier account creation in Maximo.
• Participate in and contribute to process and system improvement initiatives.
• Ensure accurate recordings and treatment of Withholding Tax.
• Provide ad-hoc support to the JV and Financial accounting team.
• Assist in audit file preparation.
Experience and Education:
• Degree and CPA/ACCA part qualification.
• At least 3 years working experience in a similar role.
• Experience of working in the upstream oil and gas industry would be an added advantage.
• SUN/SAP working experience
• Strong interpersonal skills with a professional attitude
• Adept at dealing with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
• High attention to detail and quality, ‘first right time’ approach
• Excellent time management skills and demonstrate aptitude for continuous improvement
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, valid email address, and the names and telephone contacts of three professional referees. All applications and enquiries should be addressed to:
Adept Systems| MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
Tausi Court, 3rd Floor, along Tausi Road, Off Muthithi Road, Westlands, Nairobi
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
e-mail: [email protected] | Website : www.adeptsys.biz
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2013
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
416 total views, 1 today