24 Jan 2013
Full-Time Kenya Human Rights Commission Urgently Recruits Programme Associate (Finance)
Programme Associate: Finance
Overall Purpose of the Job: To assist the Finance Department handle core duties and responsibilities as the commission implements a new financial system set to begin in February 2013.
Contractual Period: Fixed term of 4 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the post holder will:-
- Assist in the preparation of donor reports and in preparing quarterly reports and reports on variances.
- Review quarterly financial reports and make necessary recommendations.
- Maintain and disburse petty cash and other office floats ensuring that all transactions are properly authorized and supported and that adequate float levels are maintained at all times.
- Make payments against suppliers’ invoices ensuring all relevant support documents are attached.
- Updating in excel worksheet all cheques made and withholding tax certificates issued whenever payments are issued out.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset register, assign reference numbers to the assets and ensure that they are adequately insured.
- Any other duties and responsibilities
To be successful in this role the post holder will have the following:
- University graduate in Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Proficiency in computerized accounting programs
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Good knowledge of office automation and information and communication technology
- Good understanding of accounting principles, fund accounting and preparation of financial statements
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO handling accounting responsibilities.
The job holder must demonstrate the following personal attributes: be honest and trustworthy, be respectful, possess financial awareness and sensitivity, be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics.
Interested in and supporting human rights advocacy
Proven integrity and good character especially in the stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability
Strong commitment to uphold the KHRC principles
How to apply
If you believe you fit the profile, submit your application and CV detailing your suitability for the post and including daytime telephone contact and three referees, preferably your current or previous line managers to [email protected] quoting the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for this position is on 28th January 2013.
Disclaimer: KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
206 total views, 1 today