Scholarship Kenya Commonwealth Scholarships – Scholarships for Kenyans
Kenya Commonwealth Scholarships: The Commonwealth scholarship in the United Kingdom is offering twenty nine (29) full scholarships for postgraduate students from Kenyan tenable in UK institutions of Higher Learning. Ten (10) of the scholarships are for PhD while the remaining nineteen (19) are for Masters Degree. Priority will be given to studies that are along the following themes:
- Economic Growth and Private Sector
- Water and Sanitation
- Governance and Conflict
- Climate and Environment
- Food and Nutrition
- Humanitarian Disasters and EmergenciesDuration of Kenya Commonwealth Scholarships
- One (1) year taught Masters courses
- Six (6) months of enhancing clinical skills in medicine or dentistry
- Doctoral degrees of up to three (3) years.(candidates may undertake fieldwork in Kenya)
- One year (1) research on a split-site basis towards a PhD registered at a Kenyan university.Kenya Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility
- For Masters degree scholarships, be a holder of at least upper 2nd class honors and must state the source of funding at undergraduate level
- For PHD scholarship be a holder of a very good Masters’ degree and should have proof of support from a prospective supervisor in at least one chosen institution
- Applicants for split- site study must provide evidence of support from their prospective supervisor at the UK institution as well as from Kenyan institution at the time of application.
- Candidates for enhancing clinical skills award must have qualified as a Doctor or Dentist.
- Are serving in the country in the Public Sector
- Are below 35 years for Masters Degree and 45 years for PhD.Kenya Scholarships – Application ProcedureAll eligible candidates must read and follow the following guidelines strictly
1. Obtain preliminary application forms from the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Directorate of Higher Education offices located at Teleposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702. The application forms can also be downloaded from the website – see links below.
2. Completed application forms with attached certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal in the area of study should be sent to
Director – Higher Education
Ministry of Education Science and Technology,
P O Box 9583 – 00200,
OR delivered to Teleposta Towers, 27th floor, Room 2702 during working hours between 8.00am to 5.00pm
3. The Preliminary application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 9th September.
4. Only shortlisted applicants ( who shall be informed through e-mail/phone call) shall be required to proceed with steps 5-9
5. Access the Commonwealth scholarship prospectus from the website:http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/ for moreinformation on the scholarship and to identify the participating institutions in UK and submit independent application directly to the institutions at the same time as applying for the scholarship.
6. Apply for the scholarship electronically by following the linkhttp://bit.ly/cscuk-apply.
7. Complete the Electronic Application System (EAS) form online BUT download and print three (3) sets before submitting it electronically to the Commonwealth Commission
8. Submit one (1) set of the hard copy of completed EAS form through your head of department to the Directorate of Higher Education on the address indicated above.
9. Await an invitation for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- To be nominated does not in any way guarantee selection or placement.
- Preference for the award of these scholarships will be given to teaching staff in Public Universities and Constituent Colleges.
- Teaching staff in these institutions are highly encouraged to apply. Follow the links below for more details and application contacts.
For scholarship information and application materials, visit: Kenya Commonwealth Scholarships – Scholarships for Kenyans
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
415 total views, 1 today