14 Aug 2013
Full-Time Kenafric Industries Ltd Kenya: Boiler Attendant Job
Kenafric Industries Limited
Function of Job:
Under general supervision of designated supervisor, to be responsible for firing and minor maintenance of high pressure boilers supplying heat and power.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate high pressure boilers, including starting and shutting down.
- Monitor boiler operations and react to varying load requirements.
- Perform constant visual checks, read gauges, and manipulate controls.
- Assure that various meter readings of pressure and temperature are recorded.
- Inspect boiler pipes, valves, pumps, and safety devices for leaks and malfunctions.
- Periodically inspect and adjust control mechanisms.
- Blow down boiler when conductive solids and impurities exceed specified limits; test high and low pressure safety controls.
- Schedule and supervise cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Supervise and assist in minor equipment repairs.
- May supervise daily maintenance on boilers including oil and greasing of stokers, fans, motors, and other operating mechanisms.
- Observe fire and safety precautions.
- May be responsible for chemical makeup of water, testing of water qualities, and checking viscosity of oil, including:
- adding chemicals to condition boiler water.
- maintaining a chemical balance in boiler water according to prescribed procedures.
- performing conductivity, alkalinity, phosphate, silica, sulphate, and other hardness tests.
- adding chemicals to boilers needed to maintain a good chemical balance.
- May order gas and oil deliveries.
- Prepare and maintain records on treatment, oil, gas chemicals consumption, and steam and hot water production.
- Cooperate and work with authorities and other inspectors as required.
- May perform general maintenance duties requiring skills in plumbing, painting or mechanical trades.
- May investigate and take corrective action for emergency repairs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Vocational school graduation or equivalent.
- One year of experience in work related to the operation of high or low pressure boilers, or requiring heating, mechanical or plumbing skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge and ability to operate and maintain high pressure boilers.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy lifting.
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
240 total views, 1 today