Full-Time Job Opportunity For Government Relations Officer With Sanergy in Nairobi
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Nairobi’s informal settlements through a network of local micro-entrepreneurs who run Fresh Life Toilets as small businesses.
- Meeting with chiefs in areas we have already established relationships
- Meeting with Assistant chiefs in areas we are to establish, and have already established relationships, at least once every month.
- Meeting village elders in areas we are to establish, and after establishing relationships, at least once every month.
- Attending chief barazas, as and when organised, which are to be at least once a month.
- Establishing relationships with local county officials during the time of negotiations
- Constantly engaging the officials in 5 above, before, during, and after installation, and by meeting them at least twice every month, as well as the painting phase.
- Renewal of business permits – yearly, to take at least 7 days.
- Renewal of fire permits – yearly, to take at least 14 days.
- Renewal of work place registration permits – yearly, to take at least 14 days.
- Coaching field officers (after training) on how to engage government officers , and sometimes accompanying them to introductory meetings.
- Make weekly briefings to field staff, through a template, on new matters on the ground.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- First point of contact in cases where there is a real or perceived threat of demolitions and/or arrests
- First point of contact in issues raised by field staff, or government officials concerning misunderstandings or any other conflict.
- Liaise with the Government Relations Manager on all issues that touch on the general operations of the field.
- Any other duty as may be called upon to perform by the supervisor.
- Candidates applying for the Government Relations Officer position should be able to demonstrate not only 2+ years of experience working in a similar capacity, but a sincere passion for the Government Relations field.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate strong relationship building skills, a history of innovative thinking, and a willingness to simultaneously learn and apply new skills.
- We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate success working independently in past roles, but who greatly enjoy being a part of a team and collaborating on bigger projects to achieve a shared vision.
- Diploma or its equivalent in Business, finance, community relations, or related course
- 2+ years of work experience in government relations related field
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and Kiswahili
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong networking skills
- Strong understanding of city by laws and government operational mechanisms
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work effectively and enthusiastically within time constraints
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, flexible startup environment
- Determined to transform Kenya
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
199 total views, 2 today