Full-Time Jacaranda Health Recruits Clinic Nurse/Midwife in Ruiru Kenya, Feb 2013
We seek nurses with good experience in maternal and child health and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, and family planning for mothers and mothers-to-be in Jacaranda’s maternity and/or mobile clinic
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all patients
- Maintain patient data using our electronic medical records systems
- Provide comprehensive PMTCT services and counseling and referrals for HIV
- Work closely with the Jacaranda Health management team and teammates to identify and implement opportunities to improve clinical quality and clinic operations
- Diagnose, treat, and refer as appropriate antenatal, labour and postnatal complications
- Conduct normal deliveries and assess any complications that may require referral
- Advise mothers on issues accordingly.
- Certificate in nursing from a recognized institution. A Diploma or Degree in nursing is an added advantage.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience working in a busy maternity, including experience handling complications during normal delivery.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and empathy; equally comfortable providing one-on-one counseling and presenting birth-preparedness education to groups.
- A commitment to providing world-class care, and the curiosity and commitment to excellence needed for continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi will be an added advantage.
- Training and experience in any of the following areas is an added advantage. (not all are required):
- Managing labour and delivery
- Antenatal care
- Postnatal care
- PMTCT (including NASCOP certified training and recent updates)
- Family planning
- Post-abortion care
- Basic life support (BLS)
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
- Advanced life support in obstetrics (ALSO)
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Cervical cancer screening (VIA/Cryotherapy)
- Nurse anaesthetist
- Counselor (for domestic violence, post-abortion care, or other areas)
Note: If you sent your application for the same position in our recent advertisements, please do not re-apply since we still have your application details in our records.
Interested candidates may apply by:
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their well named CV by March 15, 2013 will be considered.
160 total views, 1 today