Full-Time International Rescue Committee Latest Vacancy for Grants Officer in N’Djamena, Chad
Vacancy: Grants Officer, Chad
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
In response to a growing humanitarian crisis and the influx of Sudanese refugees into Chad, the IRC launched programs in Chad in February 2004 (Ouré Cassoni camp), August 2008 (Bredjing camp) and January 2011 (Treguine Camp), all in Eastern Chad.
In addition, IRC has also launched an emergency primary health care program in the Bahr el Ghazal region in October 2010, following the drought that has severely affected the living conditions of the population, especially the food security, the nutrition & the health status.
The Grants Officer will support the Grants Coordinator and the Program teams in N’Djamena and at field sites to produce high quality reports, proposals and other documents for donor and external use.
The position is based in Ndjamena with some travel to Amdjarass, Hadjer Hadid. Moussoro and Mongo field sites as required.
- Excellent English writing skills are mandatory and the most important qualification sought for this position. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate English writing competence during the screening process.
- Competency in French language required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite mandatory.
- Higher degree in relevant field from a recognized university.
- One to two years experience in an international NGO in similar role.
- Experience working in report writing, project management, and proposal development preferred.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
177 total views, 1 today