30 Aug 2013
Internship Intern Job in Nairobi Kenya
Position: IT Intern
Contract duration: Three Months
Duty Station: Nairobi
ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world wide and to accompany them in building a better future.
ACTED was created in 1993, is governed by the French law and has its head quarters in Paris, France.
ACTED Kenya/Somalia is looking for a self driven and a self oriented professional to fill the position of an IT Intern.
Reporting to the Country Logistics Manager, the successful IT Intern will assist in the overall management responsibility of ICT function and solutions within the ACTED Kenya/Somalia offices.
Key IT Job responsibilities
· Responsible for overall operations of the IT section
· Coordinating day-to-day data capture into the systems
· Providing day-to-day hardware and software support to the users. This includes preventive and corrective maintenance as well as providing training on IT Systems.
· Re-image new laptops and desktop computers.
· Comprehensive maintenance of backup and recovery procedures
· Providing network support, support for e-mail and messaging;
· Liaising with the Country Logistics Officer on replacement and repairs of computer equipment and any other systems matters.
IT Qualifications and Competencies
· Holder of Bachelors degree in Information Science, Computer Science or IT related field.
· Certificate in MCSE & CCNA will be an added advantage.
· Prior working knowledge on ERP System.
· Should have experience in Microsoft operating systems and applications
· Excellent communication skills with knowledge of both internal and external communications environments.
· Proactive, self-starter – able to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent time management, organisation, and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
· The ability to work well in a team
· Posses high levels of integrity
· Willingness to travel to the field
· Flexible, enthusiastic and a willingness to listen and learn from others.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter only to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 26 August 2013.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
379 total views, 1 today