29 Jan 2013
Full-Time Information & Communication Technology Officer Job At American Refugee Committee (ARC)
Position title:-Information & Communication Technology Officer
Duty Station:-Nairobi with Extensive travel to Somalia
ARC International is looking for a dynamic and results oriented professional to fill in the position of ICT Officer for its Nairobi office.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Co-ordinator, the incumbent is tasked with overseeing and implementation of ICT activities and programs for the Nairobi Lower Juba and Mogadishu offices.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Develop a National ICT policy and ensure it is implemented.
- Deployment of client applications to users.
- Take lead in configuration and maintenance of Outlook which is the official ARC email system.
- Receipt, configuration and housekeeping of ICT equipment including VHF radios, Thuraya and VSAT equipments.
- Maintenance and repair of IT equipment both at Nairobi and field offices
- Updating and Maintenance of the IT assets database for all ICT equipment purchased, surrendered for repair and those retuned by users.
- Provide training and reference manuals to staff to ensure staff are well equipped to handle changing ICT technologies.
- Make recommendations on the acquisition of new technologies for the whole office and the deployment of existing ones.
- Provide technical advice decision relating to the strategic use and implementation of ICT infrastructure.
- Provide monthly reports, outlining the achievements for the month (against the planned activities and further against the department’s annual operational plan)
- Supervise ICT contractors to ensure ICT projects are done professionally and completed within schedule.
- Enforce telecommunications/security policies and standards as outlined in the ARC ICT policy.
- Ensure staff computers are synchronized with the server for data backup and all computers at the NO adhere to “computer configuration checklist” document requirements
- Build the capacity of IT Assistants and IT Interns under him/her, to a level that they can provide quality support services to the Customers
- A first degree in Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science, or in any related field
- At least three year’s working experience in a networking/telecommunications environment
- At least one Professional Certification in the following: Microsoft Certified Professional; Cisco (CCNA)
- Good working knowledge of telecommunications technologies (satellite/VSAT technology, wireless networks, HF and VHF Radio, microwave) and Network Architectures for both Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Excellent working knowledge of Internet technologies, including: TCP/IP suite of protocols; Internet security; Internet routing; Voice over Internet Protocol)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems configuration and administration
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with UN and international humanitarian organizations.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Familiarity or experience with SPHERE Standards.
- Ability to work well under unstable security environments, and administrative and programmatic pressures.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Fluent in English, ability to speak Somali will be an added advantage.
Application letter and copies of relevant academic and technical qualifications should be sent to: arcsomalia email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 1st February 2013.
152 total views, 1 today