28 Jan 2013
Full-Time IEBC Jobs For Office Assistants
Constituency Office Assistant
IEBC Grade 8
The Commission invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Constituency Office Assistant in the following Constituencies: Baringo South, Emurua Dikir, Jomvu, North Horr and Mbooni.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Constituency Office Assistant will perform administrative, office support and field activities for the constituency and in particular:
· Assist in the general management of the constituency office in the absence of the Constituency Elections Coordinator (CEC);
· Assist the CEC to regularly update and maintain a register of electors in the Constituency;
· Maintain and ensure that all Commission materials and equipment are in good working condition;
· Assist the CEC in mapping of polling stations and registration centers;
· Assist the CEC to carry out continuous voter education within the Constituency;
· Assist in publicity of voter registration, elections, inspection of the register and any other activity to be undertaken by the Commission;
· Supervise and ensure quality control on work done by registration and polling clerks during Commission activities;
· Receive and maintain an inventory of Commission materials and equipment and distribute of the same to registration centers/polling station when need arises;
· Assist in preparation of work plans, security plans, transport, and logistical plans for elections and other Commission activities;
· Safeguard voter registration data by restricting access of unauthorized persons to office systems;
· Assist in verification and inspection of the register of electors;
· Undertake any other relevant duties assigned by the CEC and the commission.
Requirements for Appointment
· Minimum of a C- (minus) in KCSE or division III in KCE;
· Must be Computer literate;
· Three years working experience in a public or Private office;
· Competent and confident in handling office processes;
· Must be a resident and a local of the constituency applied for.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill the online form provided on the Commission website www.iebc.or.ke/careers which must be received on or before 15th February, 2013.
IEBC is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
339 total views, 1 today