13 Mar 2013
Full-Time Human Resources Relationship Manager Job At Co-op Bank
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professional to fill the position of:
HR Relationship Manager
The role holder is responsible for enhancing Business performance through appropriate advice, support and facilitation of robust, integrated people management strategies and processes.
He/she supports and manages the human resource relationship with a Division Head and/or a number of senior managers and the entire Bank as may be directed by the Director – Human Resources.
The role also supports the HRD Managers and Staff in other Human Resource Initiatives and it is the focal point of HR contact with the allocated Divisions.
1. Recruitment and placement
- Partner with Manpower Planning to facilitate the implementation of challenging business plans/strategies through effective recruitment and deployment of staff in allocated Divisions with focus on staff optimization as well as review Manpower plans for allocated Divisions and ensure that they are refreshed as appropriate.
2. Performance management – building a high performance culture
- Ensure that targets for allocated Divisions are SMART through sampling at the beginning of the year.
- Ensure quarterly reports reflect Business performance as well as facilitate end of year consistency checks.
- Work with Managers to ensure equity and consistency in relation to employee growth and reward decisions.
3. Learning and Development
- Co-ordinate and at times administer the training and development projects and plans ( activities include training needs assessments and mitigations).
- In liaison with the training school, ensure that Learning and Development is an effective performance and culture intervention tool.
4. Staff engagement
- Agree with Divisional Director annual engagement measures and intervention and follow through action plans with respective SBU heads.
5. Champion capacity building programs for sustainable business:
- To play an integral role in business transformation/change programs within HRD, allocated Divisions and the Bank at large.
6. Employee Relations
- Be the primary contact for employee relations issues that may arise within the allocated branches. Work closely with Employees and Managers to resolve such issues.
- Advise the Managers and Employees on the Disciplinary issues and procedures and coordinate and facilitate the handling of employment litigation with the Employee Relations Manager.
- Ensure smooth termination process for employee, resignations and negotiated terminations as per the instructions of the Director -HRD.
- Visit Branches/Departments and agree interventional Human Resource Management (half – yearly and as may be necessary).
- In liaison with Divisional/departmental/Branch/Unit heads, ensure that regular meetings for cascade of information are held.
- Review SBU/Branch meeting minutes for any Human Resource Related issues and resolve/cascade/escalate the same accordingly.
- In liaison with Divisional/departmental/Branch/Unit heads, ensure that leave plans are in place and are adhered to.
8. People and Culture
- Champion the values of Co-op Bank culture in relationship encounters with staff and in relationship visits to the assigned departments.
The incumbent will be required to possess the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Must have a Degree in Human resources or a social science
- Masters degree in Human resources will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of IHRM
- Must have a minimum of five years working experience in a similar position.
- Must be a computer literate
- 35 years or below
- Must be willing to visit branches country wide.
- Excellent presentation, training and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of employment law as it pertains to Employment Act and CBA laws and regulations.
- Good presentation skills & excellent communications skills.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied by copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to the address shown below by 22nd March, 2013.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: HR-RM/1/2013.
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
252 total views, 1 today