23 Jan 2013
Full-Time Hotel GM Job Vacancy in Kenya
Job Description:Hotel General Manager
Reports to: CEO / COO / MD
Internal key liaisons:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Director of Operations
- Department heads
External key liaisons:
- Local & public authorities
- Main accounts
The Hotel Manager is responsible for achieving optimal guest satisfaction and a good working environment to attain all set objectives.
To achieve this, the Hotel Manager should run the hotel in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as set out by the company.
The Hotel Manager shall see to the implementation of optimal and attractive products and services required to address the hotel’s target groups, based on pre-agreed marketing plans and budgets.
The Hotel Manager shall ensure the correct production and distribution of information and promotion materials as agreed to.
Guard the efficiency/productivity and the company results:
- Draw up plans and budget concepts (revenues, costs, etc.);
- Safeguard the realization, tracing and adjustment of deviations;
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings;
- Guard / controlling of cost price
- Delivering of data and proposals for the budgets and investments.
- Safeguard quality of operations (internal & external audits)
Manage the various Department Heads
- Coordinate planning of Department Heads and Assistant Managers with regard to time-tables, work schedules, employment of employees within the different services; solving of bottle necks;
- Coordination of the execution of activities via instructions to the Heads of Departments/ Assistant Managers, supervision of the execution;
- Determination of the workforce, recruitment and hiring of new staff, supervision of sufficient introduction, execution of performance reviews and training of staff.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads in their absence.
Implement the SOPs optimally in the hotel and act as a flag ship establishment for the brand.
Prepare a monthly financial reporting.
- Ensure an adequate administration, for the outgoing and incoming invoices, for the payment of invoices and for drawing up periodic management data.
- Justify deviations and differences.
- Handling complaints.
- Handing over opinions and beliefs, decisions etc. to the executives;
- Leading various internal and external meetings;
- Supervise the fulfillment of the regulations of the employment legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, HACCP, fire regulations and other legal requirements
- Correct use of Company’s corporate identity.
- Maintain contacts with public authorities
- Hospitality management degree,
- A diploma from Kenya Utalii College or general education related to hospitality, on middle and higher management level.
- At least 5 years management experience in five / four star hotel.
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
- High managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- bility to adapt vision and proven flexibility
Look & Feel: Sportive, socially engaged, passionate, easy communicator, convincing and representative attitude
The ideal candidate masters his languages, familiar with facts and figures, has preferably some international experience in a chain hotel organization, and must have “space” for further development.
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
197 total views, 1 today