Full-Time HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya Vacancy For Project Administrator / HR In Kenya
HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) – Kenya Office
Job Title: Project Administrator / HR
Job Description and Required Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager at the Head Office, with close oversight from the Regional Director, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Focal point on issues related to HR in the field and main offices
- Ensure compliance with good human resources practice, labour laws and good labour relations
- Maintain personnel files keeping them up to date
- Ensure that there is appropriate HR training and development plans in place, and implemented
- Ensure that the organization develops policies for attracting, retaining and developing best performing human resources
- Advise the board of trustees on personnel issues
- Coordinate all recruitment, selection and placement activities in liaison with relevant HoDs and ensure employees are properly oriented
- Conduct staff induction for newly hired faculty and staff in the field office
- Formulating and regularly updating various human resource policies including terms and conditions of service
- Updating and maintaining job descriptions for all positions in the organization
- Ensuring that staff are appropriately trained in line with training needs assessment expectations
- Assist in developing, maintaining, archiving and auditing HR and administrative systems
- Carry out research on staff per diem/DSA and generate a report on the same
- Maintain the R&R schedule and leave tracking for field staff
- Focal point for work related travel needs(flight/taxi/vehicle bookings, etc)
- Assist in preparation of salaries with statutory deductions effected and that all the statutory deductions, pension contributions and other employee benefits are remitted on time; and help administer employee benefits and ensure that the salaries and other benefits reach the employees on time and are in line with the employment contracts while ensuring that all the benefits maintained by external organizations such as medical and pension are maintained in force at all times.
- Coordinating and manage office space allocation, office equipment, telephone exchange, registry, photocopying, security services internal and external communications
- Overseeing management of insurance for employees and property
- Providing effective guidance and supervision of staff
- Ensuring implementation of the human resources policies and procedures
- Coordinate the staff performance evaluation and monitoring exercise
- Carry out staff salary survey and prepare a report on the same
- Review and develop a system of staff motivation and welfare
- Custodian of stationery and responsible for dispatch of stationery to staff
- Keeping and updating the inventory listing
- Photocopying of accounting documents for headquarters reporting
- Takes minutes of meetings and keeps clear records of the meetings
- Supervise the distribution of food by social workers and keep records on the same
- Organizing and maintaining computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management or other discipline with a concentration in HR from a recognized institution with at least 1 year in a HR department.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management/Business Administration or any other related field is an added advantage.
- Computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, Internet is paramount
- Not less than 1 year previous job experience.
- Good organization skills and record keeping (attention to details is critical)
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate respect for diversity
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
291 total views, 1 today