Full-Time Helen Keller International Recruits Finance Manager in Kenya
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial operations in all offices of Helen Keller International Country and report to the Country Director.
- Ensure accounting and operating information is complete and reliable (to CDs, to Regional Office, to HQ, to Donors).
- Be responsible for the adherence to the financial policies, procedures and practices as outlined by governmental contracts, sub-contracts, and private foundation mandates.
- Work with internal/external auditors, and ensure that issues raises are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide training and support to all HKI staff on financial policies, procedures and practices. Specifically, the Finance Manager will:
- Prepare/Review and Approve all financial reports internal and external as needed;
- Ensure the accurate and timely capture of financial data
- Ensure receipts and other working papers are properly filed;
- Manage all bank accounts:
- Work with the Country Director, Project Coordinators, and sub-offices to create and revise the annual, monthly and project budgets;
- Create and submit the Wire Transfer Request to the Country Director for approval;
- Supervise sub-grant management;
- Analyze and monitor all grants and advise Project Coordinators of necessary spending actions;
- Assure, review and make tax payments with the approval of the Country Director in timely manner;
- Prepare country audit in accordance with Regional office and HQ;
- Execute all other tasks as assign by the Country director.
- Four year College/University degree in Administration Affairs, accounting, business or related field; Diploma graduate or CPA preferred;
- Minimum 5 years experience in management of financial services; experience in Financial management with international NGOs is preferred;
- Computer and user experience in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Computer accounting/finance (Quicken or QuickBooks) systems a knowledge advantage;
- Experience with international organizations, NGOs and other local development agencies;
- Good oral and written communication in language skills English; Master of the strong language in English and French;
If you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV, Application letter stating clearly the position that you are applying for as the subject line (Finance Manager), names and contacts of three references, a daytime telephone/ mobile contact to email@example.com by the close of business on 1st April 2013.
Helen Keller International is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity, therefore women are strongly encouraged to apply.
We regret that only Short listed Candidates will be contacted and a detailed Job Description will be sent to them
269 total views, 1 today