Full-Time Hardware Engineer Job – M KOPA Kenya Ltd
M-KOPA Kenya Ltd is a new company using mobile payments to provide “pay as you go” solar energy services. M-KOPA is seeking energetic and experienced Area Sales managers to manage a growing dealer network in new regions of Kenya.
Successful applicants for this role will be commercially-focused sales professionals with a proven ability to manage local networks of businesses in a related sector such as financial services, mobile money, airtime, consumer goods, or other goods and services across Kenya.
Who we are
What we do
M-KOPA products are distributed and sold through a network of local dealers and outlets, who are paid a commission when customers make payments.
Title: Hardware Engineer
- Maintenance support for M-KOPA’s solar home lighting system, including PCB level diagnosis and repair, and management of repair logs.
- Assembly and maintenance of new product prototypes in the workshop and in the field, including population of PCBs and general wiring.
- Testing of prototypes under development (for example, life cycle and functional testing) including development of testing processes, overseeing test plans, diagnosis of faults, and documentation of results.
- Local sourcing of electrical and electronics supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or electronics.
- Ability to read and develop circuit schematics and board layouts in a CAD an ECAD program (for example, EAGLE).
- Experience analyzing and debugging electronics at the PCB level.
- Willing to travel outside Nairobi (on a daily basis) for maintenance of field prototypes
- Knowledge of hardware (embedded hardware) and firmware interaction is an added advantage
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
133 total views, 1 today