Full-Time Grants Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Participate in the evaluation of potential sub-recipients’ proposals and conduct the pre-award and risk assessments for all potential partners.
- Ensure adequate documentation of this process.
- Work closely with the relevant Partner Activity Managers and Technical Officer in developing sub-recipients annual operation plans and budget.
- Prepare outgoing subawards and amendments, as needed, for review in accordance with the Signature Authority Policy
- After projects are completed, closeout grants in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, regulations, and policies of the Foundation and our donors.
- Provide ongoing support to sub-recipients to improve their administrative performance, build their operational capacity, and reduce the risk to the project and the Foundation. In collaboration with the Grants Manager and Capacity Building Officer, track progress against capacity improvement indicators.
- Provide assistance to the sub-recipients in understanding the terms and conditions of the award and facilitate or provide any necessary training/mentoring.
- Conduct site visits and prepare reports for approval of the Grants Manager. Report all compliance findings to the Grants Manager and assist in the development of possible solutions. Appropriately document follow-up and ensure timely corrective action.
- Work closely with the Grants Manager and Activity Manager to develop annual monitoring and support plans for assigned sub-recipients, in accordance with Foundation policy, and ensure the monitoring and support tracker is kept up to date.
- Document evidence of monitoring and support and any compliance findings in both the award file and CGIS.
- Review monthly financial reports and cash requests and monitor actual expenditures against budgets/ceilings, documenting material variances and working closely with the partners to minimize deviations from planned spending.
- Ensure that all the expenditures reported by sub-awardees meet the allowability criteria prior to being charged to the award; document, disseminate and follow up on disallowed expenses.
- Monitor deadlines and ensure final deliverables from grantees conform to the Foundation’s requirements.
- Work with the Sub-awardees to build their capacity to prepare and submit accurate financial reports by 5th of every month.
- Provide ongoing assistance in reviewing sub awardees financial and accounting policies and procedures and also their internal control system.
- Provide relevant financial information for decision making to the sub-awardees and technical teams in order to facilitate proper program implementation.
- Ensure the cash disbursement tracking schedule is updated and circulated in a timely manner, liaising with HQ to minimize delays to partner funds disbursement
- CGIS is the Foundation’s global Contracts & Grants Information System. Grants Officer will maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in CGIS on all assigned awards. This will include documents from pre-award to closeout and evidence of monitoring and support.
- Grants Officer will also ensure any paper files are complete and up to date.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with local coworkers, colleagues in other Foundation offices, and partners.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Grants Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management or other related field required.
- CPA qualifications will be added advantage
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in USAID, CDC, or other U.S. Government-funded grants administration. Experience in an international non-profit organization preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal compliance rules, regulations and standards associated with USG funds and non-profit accounting a plus.
- Proficient computer/software skills, including a command of MS Word and Excel. Experience with Quickbooks a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with others in a global team environment and ability to travel.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to edit and write clearly and concisely in business environment.
The closing date is Friday 18th January, 2013
NB Please note , this is a local hire only.
How to apply:
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application attaching current resume’ to: email@example.com
116 total views, 1 today