Finlays is Kenya’s biggest agricultural export team using 21,000 guest and annually exporting 400 thousands stems of blossoms, 7 ton kilos of veggies, 26 million kilos of black tea and 3 million kilos of tea remove.
The company is geographically situated in Nairobi, Naivasha, Kericho, Mt Kenya and Mombasa, along with 1,200 veggies out growers throughout the country and 10,000 tea out growers.
Finlays, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Swire Group, maintains key focus to create a lasting company which consequently drives combination, advancement and growth possibilities within Kenya and globally.
Assistant Regional Engineer
To join our Engineering Department in Mt. Kenya Region (Near Nanyuki – Laikipia).
· Providing management oversight of the construction projects, including coordinating workers, materials and equipment while ensuring that specifications are being followed, and the work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
· Supervise Building and Civil Engineering Contractors working in the region and ensure that specifications are adhered to.
· Keep daily records on all the construction projects showing the construction activity, labour, materials delivery and usage, weather conditions and any other item that might be agreed on from time to time.
· Prepare work plans for staff
· Supervise all the staff working in construction projects
The Candidate Profile
· At least Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised institution.
· At least three years’ experience on a busy construction site.
· At least one year’s experience in a busy design office.
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organisation skills
· Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
· Ability to detail and draw using AutoCAD
· Good working knowledge of MS Project
· Good working knowledge of computer programs including MS Office Suite
· Ability to use standard surveying equipment including the dumpy level and theodolite
· Competent and licensed driver
Based at our Head Office – Nairobi, for Finlays Cross Country Car Travel. Areas of travel may include Naivasha, Timau, Kericho as well as other Kenyan regions.
· O-Level and above
· 10 years and above of experience driving VIP
· Must have a clean valid ABCE license and a valid PSV.
· Valid certificate of good conduct.
· Willing to work flexible hours.
· Good command of English
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Confident and immaculately presented.
· Self disciplined
Those who fulfill the above requirements should address their applications attaching a copy of their ID card and relevant certificates to the undersigned giving a reliable telephone contact before 4th January 2013.
Those who shall not have heard from us by 18th January 2013 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Human Resources Director
Finlays Horticulture (Kenya) Limited
P.O. Box 10222-00400
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
868 total views, 2 today