5 Feb 2013
Full-Time Financial Accountant Job At Jomo Kenyatta Foundation, Kenya
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) is a Company Limited by guarantee and having no share capital. It is a leading educational publisher established by the Government of Kenya in 1966 and mandated to advance education and knowledge through competitive publishing and provision of scholarships.
The scholarships are extended to bright needy secondary school children.
In pursuit of its mission and guided by the vision of being the toppublishing house in Eastern Africa and a leading scholarship provider in Kenya, The Foundation is looking for suitably educated, trained, experienced, self-driven and motivated individuals with exceptional creativity, enthusiasm and energy to fill the following vacant position.
Job Title: Financial Accountant 1
Job Ref: JKF/HR/ 2013/002
Job Group: 4A
Reports to: Deputy Finance Manager
Supervises: Financial Accountant II
- Maintain and update the creditors’ records.
- Check all allocations of invoices, debit notes, credit notes, and other source documents.
- To ensure that all VAT returns are correctly and timely filed.
- To check and approve all purchases, salaries and wages journal vouchers before inputting.
- To assist in the preparation of quarterly and final accounts.
- To supervise all staff under you and ensure that they report on duty punctually and perform their work properly.
- To ensure that the cashier at the Kijabe BDC give accurate daily/weekly sales banking figures.
- To maintain the main cash book and to timely prepare monthly bank reconciliation report and submit the same to the Finance Manager and Assistant Finance Manager by third Tuesday of each succeeding month.
- To work in close cooperation and due consultation with other sections in all matters of common interest. In the event of any divergence of opinion between yourself and another operational department or section head, immediate reference should be made to the Finance Manager.
- To effectively, efficiently and timely respond to external and internal auditors’ audit queries.
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the Finance Manager.
To be appointed to this position, one must have
- University degree preferably in Business.
- Full accountancy qualifications (CPA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Proficiency in use of computerized accounting packages (Preferably Syspro)
- Excellent Communication, negotiation, inter-personal relations, team building, leadership and organizational skills.
- At least 4 years’ experience as Financial Accountant 11 or its equivalent.
The positions are permanent and pensionable and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Interested applicants should apply by emailing us a copy of filled-in respective ‘JKF Job Application Forms’ to: [email protected]
The forms are available on our website: www.jkf.co.ke
Please note that the Application Forms should not be accompanied by testimonials.
The closing date for receipt of the forms is 20th February, 2013.
Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and a corruption-free organization.
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
136 total views, 1 today