Full-Time Finance Assistants Jobs in Nairobi Kenya(2 Positions)
Duration of Contract: Six months with a possibility of extension
Seniority Band: Band IV
>Position Rated: Yes
Subject to Rotation: No
Reporting directly to Senior Finance Assistant
It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
4. Process payments for the mission’s telecommunication, postage and taxi costs i.e. landline, mobile, e-mail leased lines, sat phones with a view to ensure:-
a) Activities/Projects are charged the true cost of usage.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Effectively applies knowledge of IOM policies and procedures in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
- Completed Secondary School Diploma with Certified Public Accountants (CPA) qualification – up to level 2 (Having completed sections 1 to 4) or other relevant accounting qualifications.
- At least 4 years of prior work experience in a busy accounts office.
- Prior work experience in an international organization an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills. Mature individual, able to work independently, pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word etc).
- Prior experience in usage of SAP an added advantage.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
271 total views, 2 today