1 Oct 2013
Full-Time Finance Assistant Job At TradeMark East Africa in Nairobi
TradeMark East Africa (TMEA) is funded by a range of development agencies with the aim of growing prosperity in East Africa through trade.
We believe that enhanced trade contributes to economic growth, a reduction in poverty and subsequently increased prosperity.
TMEA works closely with East African Community (EAC) institutions, national governments, business and civil society organisations to increase trade by unlocking economic potential through:
- Increased market access;
- Enhanced trade environment; and
- Increased product competitiveness.
TMEA has its headquarters in Nairobi with branches in Arusha, Bujumbura, Dar es Salaam, Juba, Kampala and Kigali.
TMEA is seeking to recruit high calibre, results-oriented and self-driven experienced professionals to join our team in the positions listed below.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Line Manager title: Finance Manager
Grade: Assistant 2
Direct reports: None
Department: Corporate Services, Finance
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Finance Assistant is responsible for invoice processing, management and reconciliation of office petty cash and facilitating travel and other advances.
Roles and responsibilities
- Receive, process, track and send invoices for approval.
- Serve as the primary contact person for invoices including responding to all queries from vendors regarding invoices and payments.
- Maintain a timely filing system for all invoices, payment vouchers a, petty cash vouchers and all other financial records to ensure the availability of documentation as required.
- Maintain the Regional Office petty cash. This includes disbursements, replenishments and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Serve as primary contact person for all travel advances and liquidations.
- Ensure bank statements are collected on a timely basis and debit advices filed.
- VAT – Send valid tax invoices to Consultant for VAT Exemption purposes. Facilitate the signing and stamping of DA1 forms. Once Exemptions are returned, ensure that they are delivered to vendors. Maintain a track of invoices that have been submitted for Exemption purposes and compare these with the invoices actually returned.
- Withholding Tax – Prepare the Withholding tax returns and forward the same to KRA for stamping. When the Withholding Tax certificates are done, make sure that they are disbursed to clients.
- Perform any other assignment that may be given by the line manager.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Academic and professional qualifications
- Undergraduate degree.
- CPA II.
- At least 1 years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in use of computers especially MS Office.
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Navision.
These positions are available on initial 2-year contracts with attractive salary and benefit packages.
The ICT Officer will be based in any of the EAC countries and Finance Assistant will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
These positions will have occasional travel around East Africa.
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration.
Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Send your application to [email protected] by Friday, 4 October 2013 by 5.00pm East African time.
Interviews will be conducted in early November 2013 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Applications received after the deadline time and date will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TradeMark East Africa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to open and transparent recruitment process
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
317 total views, 2 today