18 Mar 2013
Full-Time Equity Bank Recruits General Managers (Credit) in Kenya
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities.
With a firm footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 8 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below
General Manager, Credit
Reporting to the Director of Credit, the rote holders will be in charge of leadership of the Credit Department with an overall responsibility for growth of a high quality loan Portfolio.
He/She will be expected to aggressively drive the business on a balanced score card and deliver loan growth and portfolio quality targets by identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with the branch network as well as providing leadership to the branches and key Head Office support units.
- Developing organizational & departmental objectives and participating in policy formulation.
- Formulation and execution of the Banks lending strategy.
- Drive portfolio growth across all, the business sectors.
- Drive and maintain a high quality loan portfolio.
- Manage the Banks lending operations by ensuring the branch units deliver on the growth and quality of the loan book targets.
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Build and develop a high performing culture for all team members through embedding performance development and coaching.
- Measure and evaluate staff performance against key performance indicators.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with other departments and ensure smooth running of credit operations in the Bank.
- Participate in the Executive Credit Committee.
- Manage and create relationships with key customers and external stake holders like development partners, auditors and regulators.
- Participate in credit systems review, development and implementation of new credit innovations.
- Ensure continuous quality training, mentorship and capacity building for alt the team members.
- Provide leadership and ensure total employee engagement in the Department.
- Evaluate and lead on ways of achieving quality, effective and efficient credit operations.
- Ensure high standards of customer service, create and maintain lasting business relationships and partnerships with both new and existing clients.
- Promote the Bank’s brand image.
Candidates Profile and Qualifications
- A Bachelors and a Masters degree in an appropriate discipline from a recognized institution
- At least 10 years banking experience. 3 of which must have been at a senior level or as the Head of Credit in a Commercial Bank.
- Extensive experience in Credit administration, Credit Underwriting and Credit Risk management.
- Proven track record in achieving targets.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent credit analysis skills
- Strong relationship! marketing skills
- Good financial analytical skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly developed coaching and feedback skills
- World class customer service skills
- Proven organizational team-working and resource
- management skills
- Performance development skills
- Strategy formulation and execution skills
- Motivation and inspiration skills
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, current remuneration, e-mail address and daytime telephone contact to email@example.com by 30th March 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights, values and what they bring to the workplace.
244 total views, 2 today