19 Feb 2013
Full-Time Energy Specialists Job Vacancies At MSI, Nairobi
Energy Specialists, Program Support for USAID / Kenya,
Company Profile: MSI is a Washington, D.C.-based international development firm providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance.
Since its 1981 founding, MSI has grown in size and technical scope, now implementing and managing more than 70 projects worldwide. More than 30 are long-term, many in conflict-prone or fragile states that include Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Today, our range of technical expertise includes analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, strategic planning, organizational capacity building, health and the justice sector. MSI focuses on helping our local partners foster progress, manage change and improve the effectiveness of development assistance.
We expanded our global footprint in 2008 by becoming part of Coffey International Development, a leading development firm that is part of Coffey International Limited, a publicly traded company on the Australia Stock Exchange. Alongside Coffey, MSI has corporate offices in 17 countries.
Together, MSI and Coffey International Development employ more than 1,400 professionals worldwide.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project / Proposal Summary:
The purpose of the project is to provide technical support and analyses to USAID/Kenya to help plan and develop USAID programs to:
(1) increase access to reliable, affordable, and sustainable electric power, and
(2) ensure responsible, transparent and effective management of the energy sector and its resources.
The contractor staff shall assist USAID/Kenya identify ways to develop and finance power infrastructure and improve the enabling environment through reform as well as to promote innovations within the Kenya and East African energy sector.
The contractor staff shall work with senior Kenyan national and EA regional authorities, other USG agencies, and private business leaders on energy and infrastructure issues.
They shall brief public local officials, senior USG officials, and other private partners on technical aspects of program and implementation status.
The period of performance of this task order is from date of award through October 31, 2013.
LOE approximately 150 days.
Technical Areas of Work:
- Utility reforms and the enabling environment
- Private sector energy project preparation and development
- Project Financing and Investment
- Formulate and plan stakeholder capacity building activities
- Must be well-rounded, hands-on experts with direct experience in the planning, development, financing, and implementation of energy and power infrastructure projects.
- Must have experience in the development and implementation of associated sector-specific enabling regulations, policies, and environments supporting these projects.
- Must have experience in the formulation and implementation of stakeholder capacity development activities.
- BA/BS degree or higher is required. A degree in engineering and/or energy policy is preferred.
- Degrees in public affairs, economics, business administration, or related field may be substituted, subject to acceptance by USAID.
- Seven years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and administering programs of a similar nature to that described in this task order request, including three years’ experience in Kenya, required.
- Demonstrated analytical, management and coordinating skills.
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies (USG and Kenyan), regulatory bodies, utilities, and the private sector.
- Energy finance and investment skills, required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
192 total views, 1 today