2 Oct 2013
Full-Time Education Specialist and Regional Education Rep Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Education Specialist, Sub-Saharan Africa
Location:- Nairobi, Kenya
Position Summary: The Education Specialist will provide technical assistance and quality assurance as needed to FHI 360’s education portfolio throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
S/he will be responsible for a portfolio of countries and will work collaboratively with other Global Education team members, particularly the Regional Education Advisors for East and Southern Africa and West Africa, and geographic business units that support sub-Saharan Africa in the development of country and regional education strategies and annual business plans.
- Master’s degree in education, international development, or related field, PhD preferred, with extensive experience in the education sector, including significant overseas work experience in international education;
- 8+ years’ experience with at least 5 years of in-depth technical expertise; business development experience; demonstrated strong technical, strategic planning, and programming expertise.
Regional Education Representative, East and Southern Africa (ESA) Region
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Summary: As the point person for business development for the region, the Regional Education Advisor will be responsible for setting the long term vision for education development in the region and identifying/pursuing opportunities for immediate funding.
The focus of this position will be primarily on business development however will grow to include more technical oversight and support.
S/he will also respond to the needs of Country Offices in the region as they identify education opportunities or require technical assistance.
- A master’s degree in education, international development, or related field;
- PhD preferred, with extensive experience in the education sector, including significant overseas work experience in international education.
- 10+ years’ experience with at least 5 years in progressively responsible management positions, recognized as a technical expert with broad expertise in education and at least one area of specialization, business development experience;
- demonstrated strong technical, strategic planning, programming and management skills.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidatesare encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Alternatively you can apply via email to: [email protected]
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than October 16, 2013.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
204 total views, 1 today