18 Mar 2013
Full-Time Dairy Products Makers Vacancies in Kenya(5 Positions)
Dairy Products Makers (5 Positions)
Our client in the dairy industry seeks candidates in the dairy industry.
- Cheese Maker
- Milk Treater
- Yoghurt Maker
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- College Degree/Diploma with 5+ years of experience in food industry
- Dairy industry training course (preferred)
- Ability to work on repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy
- Positive attitude, flexible approach, ability to work as a team and commitment for goals
- Willingness to adhere to the strictest level of hygiene at all times
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, possess high degree of initiative, and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated excellent performance of work within the department.
- Operates machines and performs routine tasks to make and package milk, milk powder, yoghurt, butter, cheese and other dairy products.
- Cooks milk and specified ingredients to make cheese, according to formula: Pasteurizes and separates milk to obtain prescribed butterfat content.
- Turns valves to fill vat with milk and heat milk to specified temperature.
- Dumps measured amounts of dye and starter into milk.
- Test sample of milk for acidity and allow agitator to mix ingredients until specified level of acidity reach
- Dump and mix measure amount of rennet into milk
- Stop agitator to allow milk to coagulate into curd
- Pull curd knives through curd or separate curd with hand scoop to release whey
- Observe thermometer, adjusts steam valve and starts agitator to stir and cook curd at prescribed temperature for specified time
- Squeeze and stretch sample of curd with fingers and extend cooking time for firmness or texture
- Direct other workers who immerse cheese in brine and place or turn cheese blocks on shelves to cure cheese
- Taste, smell, feel and observe sample of cheese for quality
- Record amount of ingredients used, test results, time cycles and corrective actions
- Make variation in time cycles and ingredients used for succeeding batches to ensure optimum yields and product quality
- Assist in the formulation development of new cheeses and optimization of formula for current cheese to ensure maximum yield and product quality
Qualifying candidates should send their application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
291 total views, 1 today