23 Mar 2013
Full-Time DAI Recruits Senior-Level Experts in Kenya
DAI, a global development consulting firm based in the United States, seeks applications from senior-level experts for an anticipated five-year, trade facilitation project for East Africa.
The anticipated project is expected to increase regional trade, international competitiveness, and food security in the East Africa region.
Anticipated project activities include efforts to support national and regional bodies to facilitate intra-regional trade and economic integration, facilitate improved private sector competitiveness in key value chains, and expand trade through utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
Positions on the project are expected to be based in Kenya, with significant travel throughout the East Africa region and internationally.
DAI is seeking candidates with technical expertise in the following areas:
- Regional trade policy and economic integration
- Transit and customs facilitation
- Regional trade association capacity building
- Export-oriented value chain development and competitiveness
- AGOA-focused market linkages facilitation
- Financial services and product design for trade facilitation
- Regional staple food and textile value chain facilitation
- Market information systems development
- Management of donor-funded grants programs
- Advanced degree in economics, international trade or development, business administration, finance, agricultural development, or other relevant field;
- 10+ years of experience in private sector development, trade facilitation, value chain development, or trade finance in the East Africa region;
- Experience on a international donor-funded trade or private sector development project is strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; and
- Fluency in English is required.
Interested candidates should e-mail their CV to EastAfricaTrade@dai.com by April 8, 2013, indicating expertise in the subject line.
240 total views, 1 today