Full-Time CTC International Recruits Special Needs Teacher in Maai Mahiu, Kenya
CTC International is a registered trust based in Maai Mahiu with offices in both Kenya and the United States.
Established in 2008, the Malaika Kids program is a unique and unprecedented facility for children with special needs and severe disabilities.
- Identification and assessment of learners’ needs
- Implementation of educational plans for learners assessed
- Evaluation of implemented educational plans for each child over a given period
- Reporting on progress/regress of each child he/she will be working with
- Capacity building for the CTC staff and the community
- Liaising with local schools for integration of learners with special needs
- Interdisciplinary intervention for learners with special needs
- Teaching duties
- Other technical support as required from time to time
- Updating of parents and caretakers on the children’s progress
- Organization of and participation in functions/celebrations for special needs children
- Degree or Diploma in Special Needs from a reputable institution
- At least two years of work experience in the field of special needs
- Experience in ECDE or working with children is an added advantage
- Knowledge of current trends in special education
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and willing to work long hours
- Willing to undergo interdisciplinary training
- A keen communicator with ability to relate with people across different hierarchical levels and cultural backgrounds.
- Ambitious and able to translate ambition into positive outcomes for the learners.
In your cover letter, please included expected remuneration for this role.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
280 total views, 1 today