Full-Time CTC International Recruits Special Needs Teacher in Maai Mahiu, Kenya
CTC International is a registered trust based in Maai Mahiu with offices in both Kenya and the United States.
Established in 2008, the Malaika Kids program is a unique and unprecedented facility for children with special needs and severe disabilities.
- Identification and assessment of learners’ needs
- Implementation of educational plans for learners assessed
- Evaluation of implemented educational plans for each child over a given period
- Reporting on progress/regress of each child he/she will be working with
- Capacity building for the CTC staff and the community
- Liaising with local schools for integration of learners with special needs
- Interdisciplinary intervention for learners with special needs
- Teaching duties
- Other technical support as required from time to time
- Updating of parents and caretakers on the children’s progress
- Organization of and participation in functions/celebrations for special needs children
- Degree or Diploma in Special Needs from a reputable institution
- At least two years of work experience in the field of special needs
- Experience in ECDE or working with children is an added advantage
- Knowledge of current trends in special education
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and willing to work long hours
- Willing to undergo interdisciplinary training
- A keen communicator with ability to relate with people across different hierarchical levels and cultural backgrounds.
- Ambitious and able to translate ambition into positive outcomes for the learners.
In your cover letter, please included expected remuneration for this role.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted
185 total views, 6 today