Full-Time Cotton Development Authority Recruits Managing Director / CEO in Kenya
transformative and innovative leader to take up the position of Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for the overall direction, management and administration of the Authority.
Reporting to the Cotton Development Authority (CODA) Board, the Managing Director will be responsible for the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the Authority, with a clear focus on the expansion of the cotton industry, in consultation with the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Review, Formulate and implement as necessary, the CODA Corporate Policies, Strategic Plan, Operational Plans and Budgets while ensuring adherence to Government corporate policies, Ministry of Agriculture strategic plan, Agriculture Sector Development Strategies and the Kenya vision 2030 policy guidelines.
- Ensuring implementation of sound management policies, procedures and systems for effective and efficient operations of the Authority and monitor decisions of the Board of Directors and appraising the Board on the progress.
- Initiating the development of procurement plans, business related proposals and policies and undertaking resource mobilization and management to ensure that the Authority’s annual plans and estimates are effectively managed in accordance with all government rules;
- Formulating and implementing effective communication between Management and the Board as well as between different levels of management to promote effective management and good governance.
- Manage good relations with external stakeholders in order to build a strong but friendly corporate image.
- Good understanding of the Agriculture, Processing, and or Marketing with special emphasis on Cotton and cotton products as well as the Ministry of Agriculture strategic plan, Agriculture Sector Development Strategies and the Kenya vision 2030 policy guidelines.
- Notable success in leading a successful team through creativity, innovation and team leadership
- Experience in nurturing corporate business relationships and establishment of long-term symbiotic partnerships with external stakeholders;
- Outstanding record of leadership in a corporate setting and or litigation setup and be of impeccable honesty and integrity;
- Ability to think and act strategically while managing a diverse group of managers and people as well as a mixture of mission based and financial performance targets;
- Strong influential and executive leadership style, articulate and confident personality able to instill public confidence in dealing with the Authority;
- Excellent communication, writing, documentation and interpersonal skills
Information and Queries
AMREF Building (KCO), Wilson Airport Road, Off Langata Road
P.O. Box 6090 00300,
149 total views, 1 today