Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of:
Procurement Officer - Ref. No. PO1
Reporting to the Operations Manager:
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinating and facilitating the acquisition of goods and services.
· Reviewing requests and authorizing the purchase of commonly used goods and services
· Advising the Board on matters relating to the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005
· In charge of the procurement function of the society and ensures that all supplies to the society are done in compliance with the Procurement Policy
· Prepare society procurement plans and ensure that tender documents are properly prepared and presented to the board
· Ensure that effective and efficient re-order levels for various items are fixed and maintained and Prepare orders for various supply items.
· Ensure that all procurement is done in accordance with the procedures as per procurement policy and that it is in compliance to the internal and external audit requirements.
· Prepare, receives, records and analyses tender documents for discussion by the Tender Board.
· Receive supplies and verifies them against orders in respect to quality, quantity and price.
· To process, maintain and ensure safe custody of procurement documents and samples.
· Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure suppliers are paid timely.
· Conducts price surveys and monitors factors that affect price levels for planning purposes.
· A Bachelor’s degree in business related course from a recognized university
· A degree in Purchasing and Supplies from a recognized university shall be an added advantage
· Four years’ experience in a similar role
· Good communication skills both written and oral
· Computer literate
· Member of KISM
Internal Auditor - Ref. No. IA1
Reporting functionally to the Audit Committee and administratively to the CEO:
Duties and Responsibilities
· Evaluating institutional controls to determine their effectiveness and efficiency
· Recommending improvement to institutional controls, operations and risk mitigation solutions.
· Determining the level of compliance with internal policies, procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements.
· Evaluating and verifying final accounts together with the audit committee
· Conducting special audits on specific operational areas out of management requests.
· Making Periodic reports to the audit committee and management.
· Scrutinize all transactions within the Society to ensure correctness and accuracy.
· Ascertain that all expenses and other payments are correct and that they are adequately and appropriately authorized.
· Ascertain that the said systems are adequately utilized to produce the desired results.
· Ascertain that all cash transactions are properly accounted for and that any differences/irregularities are properly and procedurally handled.
· Make accurate observations/reports for action by Management.
· Liaise with the supervisory committee of the Society, external auditors and management auditors with a view to improving all aspects of the Society management control.
· Confirm that all correspondence, records, transaction entries and files are properly preserved for future reference.
The holder must possess the following qualifications:
· Bachelor of Commerce degree in accounting from a recognized institution
· Must hold CPA (K) and registered with ICPAK.
· Minimum of three (5) years’ experience in a busy environment with demonstrated outstanding professional competence.
· Must hold CISA qualification.
· Good analytical and reporting skills.
· High integrity and honesty
Qualified applicants should send their applications and detailed CVs by 25th February 2013 to the email address below indicating the job reference number as the subject line.
Please quote your Current Salary and Expected Salary. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Co-operative Consultancy Services Ltd
180 total views, 2 today